Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

helix lt problem - background sound error!

MauroDave

hi, I have a strange problem with the helix lt. yesterday had nothing today I hear such a problem in the headphones. when I select a preset, when I'm not playing an annoying background sound is heard like: "trrrrrrrrrrr" but not on all presets only on some! it disappears while I play and then comes back when I stand with my fingers still! help me thanks, what can it be due to?

I have not changed anything in a day in the presewt, turned off and on again after a day!

thank you all

• MauroDave changed the title to helix lt problem - background sound error!

What kind of pickups?

Check your cables.

Make sure you're connected to a Power Strip with EMI/RFI filters.

Make sure you're not on the same house circuit as major appliances, fluorescents or rheostats.

Make sure you're at least 10 ft from routers, computers, or active wireless devices such as cell phones.

After checking all that, attach an example of an especially troublesome preset so we can see what else might be happening.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

What kind of pickups?

Check your cables.

Make sure you're connected to a Power Strip with EMI/RFI filters.

Make sure you're not on the same house circuit as major appliances, fluorescents or rheostats.

Make sure you're at least 10 ft from routers, computers, or active wireless devices such as cell phones.

After checking all that, attach an example of an especially troublesome preset so we can see what else might be happening.

thanks for your help, I'll try as soon as possible
as preliminary information, however, I can tell you that:
-I tried with both single coil and hambcker, identical problem on identical presets
-I have not changed anything in the two days between socket, cables, distance ...
- how can i stay 3 meters from the pc if i use helix edit?
- the other days I had my cell phone close at hand
- I always had the room's wi-fi net extender also the other days

You don't need to stay 10ft away from computers unless you're still using a CRT monitor (dinosaur!). But if changing your physical orientation in relation to your computer changes the noise, that could tell you something.

Yes, staying away from cell phones, routers and wifi extenders is a good idea but, again, listening to the sound as you change positions relative to these devices can be telling.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

You don't need to stay 10ft away from computers unless you're still using a CRT monitor (dinosaur!). But if changing your physical orientation in relation to your computer changes the noise, that could tell you something.

Yes, staying away from cell phones, routers and wifi extenders is a good idea but, again, listening to the sound as you change positions relative to these devices can be telling.

you are the best!
I moved the net extender to the other room and all the background noise disappeared!

• 2 weeks later...

hi friend, amazing after 2 weeks that background problem that you helped me solve by moving the wi fi net extender is back again

but now the wi fi is far away, and the problem is back!
can you help me?
how is it possible that every two weeks I have to look for new positions to save myself!
I have already tried with different guitars and different sockets!

I am desperate, every 2 weeks there is some problem, despite being such an expensive product!