Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sound on headphones not same as amp or house PA

chuggins

I have the pod go. On the headphones I can get a sound with crunch or gain to it, however when I plug into the house PA system or my practice amp at home. I cant duplicate the sound everything sounds clean. I have a gretsch 5622 and a Fender strat have the problem with both guitars. I've tried turning guitar up and output from Pod Go down, I've tried turning Pod Go out put up it doesn't matter. I'm playing with the vox amp on Pod Go. Any ideas? Thanks..

Going through the PA should sound similar to your headphones although it will never sound the same because the PA and headphone speakers are very different, and with speakers your ears are hearing sound through the air rather than via encased headphones. 

But if gains are turning clean then it sounds as if you might unintentionally be bypassing the amp model in your Pod Go. 

This is difficult without seeing your set up and settings, but some thoughts:

1. To connect Pod Go to the PA you should be coming out of the Pod Go Main out (Left for mono) and connecting Pod Go to PA board via a balanced TRS cable (2 if stereo) .  Set the main outs to line level.  Through the front of an amp you should be connecting to Amp Out in Pod Go Main out set to Amp.

2. Have you been using the fx loop? If so, your settings might be bypassing the amp model. 

3. Is it behaving this way just with your Vox patch or with all factory patches? If the latter, I'd suggest backing up your patches, and rebooting back to factory settings and trying your Pod Go before reporting your saved patches.