Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and Cubase 11 audio routing listening via computer

SkyDivingGeek

HI all, 

I purchased a helix for the cubase promotion that Line6 are running and I am wondering if someone can advise on how to do the following below.  

I have the helix connected via USB to my Windows 10 machine and I would like to listen to the wet input channel on either my standard USB speakers or my USB headphones in Cubase. Ultimately, I would like to just record what I hear. 

So the chain is: Guitar -> Helix -> Computer -> headphones (or other Windows speakers) then have Cubase record that input and I can listen to it at the same time.  

In Cubase - I have selected Helix ASIO on Input1 / Input2 (and I can see the lovely VU meters respond) on Helix ASIO. So I know it is seeing the guitar input.

My outputs are selected as Helix ASIO Output1/Output2 in Cubase. But I hear nothing. 

If anyone has done this and can save me watching hours of countless YouTube videos. that would be awesome. 

Andy 

Hi 

I was going to say you can only use one device for input and output (like you have) and that you would need to be able to use your other USB devices explicitly as the output devices for Cubase to make this work.

However a quick search suggests using ASIO4all as the driver will allow this. https://forums.steinberg.net/t/using-two-audio-devices-one-for-input-one-for-output/642426/4

I'd much prefer to stick with OEM drivers, but that won't work in this use case.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, waymda said:

Hi 

I was going to say you can only use one device for input and output (like you have) and that you would need to be able to use your other USB devices explicitly as the output devices for Cubase to make this work.

However a quick search suggests using ASIO4all as the driver will allow this. https://forums.steinberg.net/t/using-two-audio-devices-one-for-input-one-for-output/642426/4

I'd much prefer to stick with OEM drivers, but that won't work in this use case.

Good luck

Mate you are absolute legend. That took me two minutes to download and setup. 

You mate, deserve a beer or non alcoholic beverage of your choosing. :-)

Cheers - the kiwi.