Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Driver problem on Mac

aruhan86

Hi guys ! I'm not an English speaker , so I'll describe my problem as possible as I can. Sorry for that and hope anyone could help me.

I'm a HX Stomp user. And I also use Stomp as my audio interface on Mac. The OSX of mine is Big Sur 11.5.2.

I had installed the latest driver by Line6 and it had worked fine for quite a lone time until I installed an app called "Boom2" by App Store. It seems to an app which could enhance the audio on Mac.

Suddenly the Stomp could use only the original driver by Mac but not the driver I've installed by Line6.

And when I open the audio setting on Mac , it shows my device named "HX Stomp" but not the "Line6 HX Stomp" on output/input as before.

Although I've uninstalled the app "Boom", the problem didn't get fixed at all.

It was really annoying , now I've regretted for installing that "Boom2".

I've tried to re-install the driver by Line6 again, but it didn't worked, either .

So I've get here to ask if someone could help me with that, I'm really appreciate that!

OK - not an IT expert - but -

Helix devices are automatically detected by Apple OS.

You don't need the Mac Helix driver - it is (as far as I know) not totally out of date.

I don't use it and I suspect not many do.

The Helix is compliant with the USB audio system (Quartz?) that Macs use.

What your system names the Helix is really no problem - it is possible that your 3rd party software renamed the devices to pass them through it's code.......but I can't imagine that is a problem - that the native driver is in use is fine - not a problem - the Mac driver was a quick fix for a problem back in history.  It's not better quality or anything.

If you still have the device recognised and it performs normally (with the native system), you have nothing to worry about.

If you no longer can use some other functionality that's different - but not what you are saying here?

If you can go to the system preferences and still select your device - all good! (but you are using a very out of date version of the OS - and expect problems with various software in the future as your old OS is no longer supported.)

I've got issues as well on my Mac. I installed the Line 6 helix driver 1.1.0, or so I thought. Turned out OSX had put the driver under "disabled software".

Open [Applications] > [Utilities] > [System Information] and click [Software].

Select [Disable Software] and check if the driver is shown or not

I think there's an issue with the driver

3 hours ago, perlan77 said:

I've got issues as well on my Mac. I installed the Line 6 helix driver 1.1.0, or so I thought. Turned out OSX had put the driver under "disabled software".

Open [Applications] > [Utilities] > [System Information] and click [Software].

Select [Disable Software] and check if the driver is shown or not

I think there's an issue with the driver

Hi,

You didn’t say what version of OSX you’re running, but you may want to read this.

Hope this helps makes sense.

On 9/19/2021 at 12:10 AM, aruhan86 said:

Although I've uninstalled the app "Boom", the problem didn't get fixed at all.

It was really annoying , now I've regretted for installing that "Boom2".

I've tried to re-install the driver by Line6 again, but it didn't worked, either .

So I've get here to ask if someone could help me with that, I'm really appreciate that!

Hi,

To properly and fully uninstall “Boom2” you need to run the software provided by Global Delight.

I have not used this app, but looking at the FAQ page on their website it seem that the driver for Boom2 takes over from whatever else is installed. It might have “removed” the Line 6 specific driver. In theory your Mac should revert to the Core Audio driver in the OS.

It seems to me that this situation has been caused by the Global Delight app and in that event when you try to re-install the Line 6 driver it might be being blocked by the OS Security software, but you are possibly not seeing that. See the link that I posted in the reply to “perlan77” above. The same information about Mac Security has been listed in the FAQ section of the Boom2 pages.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

7 hours ago, rvroberts said:

OK - not an IT expert - but -

Helix devices are automatically detected by Apple OS.

You don't need the Mac Helix driver - it is (as far as I know) not totally out of date.

I don't use it and I suspect not many do.

The Helix is compliant with the USB audio system (Quartz?) that Macs use.

What your system names the Helix is really no problem - it is possible that your 3rd party software renamed the devices to pass them through it's code.......but I can't imagine that is a problem - that the native driver is in use is fine - not a problem - the Mac driver was a quick fix for a problem back in history.  It's not better quality or anything.

If you still have the device recognised and it performs normally (with the native system), you have nothing to worry about.

If you no longer can use some other functionality that's different - but not what you are saying here?

If you can go to the system preferences and still select your device - all good! (but you are using a very out of date version of the OS - and expect problems with various software in the future as your old OS is no longer supported.)

OK, first of all, thanks for your comment. Just for the comment.

I DO need the Mac Helix driver on my Mac. You don't have the necessary of using that, it doesn't mean the others have no need.

You could only represent yourself but no-one. Don't tell me "not many do".

As you can see, the man below your comment have the same issue, too.

Again, which means no-problem to you , doesn't means the same to me.

And also, 

Apple had just Released the latest OS X called Monterey on 06/07/2021. Until now, it is still an unstable system which only have six of their Beta version.

Before that, OSX Big Sur 11.5.2 was the latest version of OS X which was just released on 08/12/2021.

So I really have no idea WAHT ARE YOU talking about.

If you don't know anything about computer or the problem which I am facing,

then don't comment. Don't waste your own time or other's.

I suspect your purpose of saying those thing. But if you did want to help someone, sorry for the attitude all above.

This is my last word to you. Have a good day, please .

On 9/20/2021 at 7:49 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

To properly and fully uninstall “Boom2” you need to run the software provided by Global Delight.

I have not used this app, but looking at the FAQ page on their website it seem that the driver for Boom2 takes over from whatever else is installed. It might have “removed” the Line 6 specific driver. In theory your Mac should revert to the Core Audio driver in the OS.

It seems to me that this situation has been caused by the Global Delight app and in that event when you try to re-install the Line 6 driver it might be being blocked by the OS Security software, but you are possibly not seeing that. See the link that I posted in the reply to “perlan77” above. The same information about Mac Security has been listed in the FAQ section of the Boom2 pages.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks for your generous advise. And sorry for a late replying.

I have fixed all the problems by myself. 

I have installed the line 6 driver from the first version to the latest version one by one. And I succeed, problem fixed.

When I was installing the driver, I had never seen the "allow" button appeared in " preference> security and privacy> General> allow apps downloaded from" , which should be appeared on before. Until I installed the first version named 1.0.5 , the allow button had appeared, I know it worked.

It was really unstable driver, have lots of problems, but it is necessary for me.

It allows me to adjust the output level of mac , by pressing the volume button on mac side when the HX Stomp was connecting to the mac as audio interfere.

It also allows me to choose the 44.1kHz or 44.8kHz when I was recording, it is very important.

Anyway I have fixed it, and really appreciate your generous help.

Hope the others who are suffering from the driver issues could see my solution and at least have a try !:>

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 1:22 PM, aruhan86 said:

Thanks for your generous advise. And sorry for a late replying.

I have fixed all the problems by myself. 

I have installed the line 6 driver from the first version to the latest version one by one. And I succeed, problem fixed.

When I was installing the driver, I had never seen the "allow" button appeared in " preference> security and privacy> General> allow apps downloaded from" , which should be appeared on before. Until I installed the first version named 1.0.5 , the allow button had appeared, I know it worked.

It was really unstable driver, have lots of problems, but it is necessary for me.

It allows me to adjust the output level of mac , by pressing the volume button on mac side when the HX Stomp was connecting to the mac as audio interfere.

It also allows me to choose the 44.1kHz or 44.8kHz when I was recording, it is very important.

Anyway I have fixed it, and really appreciate your generous help.

Hope the others who are suffering from the driver issues could see my solution and at least have a try !:>

Does it still work for you? I cannot use the volume controls and tried every driver version (from 1.0.5 until the news 1.5.0)

Line 6 support suggested to use the version 1.1.0 because i still have an intel mac.

But it does not work for my late 2013 macbook pro with intel processor on Big Sur. I only get the HX Stomp default audio core device without volume control.

It did work a few years ago before bigsur.

Update! It works!

Ah now it does work for me again including volume control.

I did the same as before but waited longer after installs and restarts and did a restart after the driver install first and only after the restart clicked allow in the security settings. I did the following:

• disconnect hx stomp
  • delete old kext: sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/L6Helix.kext
  • restart
  • install driver version 1.1.0
    • wait a few seconds until security notification about allowing the driver appears
    • Do just click okay on the notifaction and do not go to the settings yet
    • restart computer
  • after restart wait a moment (perhaps not needed)
  • open security settings and click allow on the line 6 driver info text
  • do not click restart on the appearing notification
  • but wait a little moment and click restart on the button which said "allow" the driver before
  • after restart i waited a little moment and did a restart again (i guess just for fun, don't know if really needed)
  • the after the computer started again i waited a little moment and connected the already started hx stomp via USB

Now it is shown again as "Line 6 HX Stomp" instead of only "HX Stomp" and i can control the volume.

I'm happy again ;)

Edited by suiluj007
now the driver works again after second reinstall try

• 1 year later...

I'm currently trying to update my line 6 G10 firmware with the line 6 updater, download advice followed on an MacBook air with up to date software, when trying to install the updater, i am directed to search the app store, and then am informed the app is not available in my country. (australia)

have not found an answer in half a day of searching, anyone got any ideas apart from moving country....

cheers, tim