Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp expression pedal save midi CC ?

perlan77

Hello.

I've got a HX Stomp with a Mission Engineering EP1-L6 that I mainly use as Wah.

When I record something I tend to want to save the raw guitar sound for reamping later.

Is it possible to have the pedal transmitting midi CC when I use the wah so I can record the MIDI data in Logic Pro X?

Is so I could then elect to edit the data, even change wah type when I reamp later.

Thanks

Yes. You can assign whatever MIDI CC you want to the expression pedal in the Command Center, and you can record that CC in Logic. You can send it back to the Stomp from Logic for re-amping. You have to assign that CC as the controller for the wah postion parameter on the Stomp then.

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

Yes. You can assign whatever MIDI CC you want to the expression pedal in the Command Center, and you can record that CC in Logic. You can send it back to the Stomp from Logic for re-amping. You have to assign that CC as the controller for the wah postion parameter on the Stomp then.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not that experienced with midi, how do I go about it if I may ask?

cheers

33 minutes ago, perlan77 said:

Thanks for the reply. I’m not that experienced with midi, how do I go about it if I may ask?

cheers

Don't mean to be rude, but all of that is covered in detail in the HXS Manual.

Re-typing it here is unnecessary, and probably wouldn't be nearly as clear as is laid out in the manual.

If, after reading the manual, you have specific questions, come on back.

• Upvote 1

I went through the manual several times and I googled but couldn't find it. 

Thing is if you google "Line 6 HX stomp manual" first hit is taking you to Line 6 website, to rev A of the manual (which doesn't contain command center at all). I realized that so I fetched rev D based on fw 3.0 instead.

In rev D, Page 60, - MIDI CC doesn't say much so if one doesn't know this "command center" exists, or know it has something to do with MIDI control, I suppose it'd be hard to find.

I think they should have put a reference to the command center in the MIDI section of the manual

Cheers

3 hours ago, perlan77 said:

I think they should have put a reference to the command center in the MIDI section of the manual

Hi,

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a418962611d636e7c51b/application/pdf/HX Stomp 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev D - English .pdf

Pages 45 - 48 Covers the Command Centre and all it’s various functions - i.e. MIDI CC, Program Change, Note and MCC Commands. Plus QWERTY Hotkeys, Footswitch Snapshot, Looper and Instant Commands

It’s doesn’t require a reference in the MIDI section, it’s listed on the Contents page in bold, black letters.

The manual is your friend.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

If you got a car with a battery issue you'd go looking in the section for battery in the manual, no?

They might have introduced a new chapter in a later revision called "electronic bus system" where more specific details of the battery and functions exists but how would you know unless you read through the whole manual and/or every revision history?

Would it be too much to ask that they put a reference in the battery section saying "for further info, see section electronic bus system"

Same goes for this manual. I had a query related to MIDI CC and lo and behold,  there's a section called MIDI in bold, black letter and more specifically "midi CC" page 60.

That says nothing but points you to Controller assign, which in turn is a dead end. Why not a reference to "command center"?

Anyway, I did find the solution after Phil mentioned Command center so it's all good.

Instructions - How to use a Technical Manual

1) Make sure that you're looking at the MOST RECENT version. This can usually be found on the Mfr's website. Don't know how to use the Internet? See section 42.

2) Consult the Table of Contents (usually located at the front of the manual, just after the Title and Copyright pages) for the section relating to your GENERAL issue.

3) Consult the INDEX (usually located at the back of the manual) for specific issues and further references which might be elsewhere in the manual. This may require you to scan the entire index, as the Technical Writer may not have called it what YOU think it should be called.

4) Still no joy? Search for an online forum related to your product. Ask. But if you haven't completed the above steps, don't be surprised or offended if the answer includes a bit of good natured snark. Learn from it.

• Upvote 1

My attitude being re-adjusted?

Seriously?

I suggested there should be a reference to the Command Center in the MIDI chapter and have been met with sarcastic posts in bold, or a list how to use a manual?

And I am the one with an attitude?

Please elaborate how one would find command center if you use the manual as a reference guide for looking up MIDI CC?

You wouldn't, unless you read thorough the whole thing which roughly 75% of people don't.

So either you blame 75% of the people claiming they're ignorant fools or you do a very small adjustment to make it work even as a reference guide for the ignorant fools.

I bet you've read through your whole car manual, front to back, right?

If someone have a suggestion that would benefit the greater mass I suggest you don't throw sarcasm at them.

That's what we're talking about!

SEEK, and ye shall find!

What have ye found?

How to find the latest manual.

How to read a manual. 

How to use the internet.

How to use YouTube.

Oh, yeah, and the solution to your problem.

You're a better, smarter, more capable human for having visited this forum.

And STILL you whine!

Oy vey!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

What have ye found?

Oh, no - he will be back again now with another whinging complaint about trolling.

For all his pi$$ing and moaning about MIDI CC needing to be referenced to the Command Centre section, he never noticed that the original response from “phil_m” specifically pointed him to the use of Command Centre as the real solution.

Jeez, even if you lead people by the nose to the thing they need - they can still miss it by a mile.

There are none so blind as those who will not see!

• Like 1