Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 DL-4 issues

terrywood

My Line6 DL4 unit quit in the middle of a show. It has worked perfectly for years, but all of the sudden, no sound coming thru and the far right LED in from the tap tempo switch stays illuminated......

Non of the other foot switches will work........

I did a "factory reset" (A & D Switches press during power up)......now it does one of two things.....the A & B LEDs both light up, then it switches to the C & D LEDs light.....goes back and forth........OR all 4 LEDs come on one at a time going left to right......still no sound thru the unit...

Checked the batteries....still showing plenty of charge.....(I have powered the unit with my Voodoo power box, using the proper Line6 socket)

Anyone else have this issue and were you able to resolve it??

Thanks in advance

-Terry

Edited by terrywood

1 hour ago, terrywood said:

My Line6 DL4 unit quit in the middle of a show. It has worked perfectly for years, but all of the sudden, no sound coming thru and the far right LED in from the tap tempo switch stays illuminated......

Non of the other foot switches will work........

I did a "factory reset" (A & D Switches press during power up)......now it does one of two things.....the A & B LEDs both light up, then it switches to the C & D LEDs light.....goes back and forth........OR all 4 LEDs come on one at a time going left to right......still no sound thru the unit...

Checked the batteries....still showing plenty of charge.....(I have powered the unit with my Voodoo power box, using the proper Line6 socket)

Anyone else have this issue and were you able to resolve it??

Thanks in advance

-Terry

Well you've already done a reset, which is really the only thing that's available to an end user as a (potential) cure for digital devices that have $hat the bed.

You could open a service ticket and see what they tell you... but at this point it's long out of warranty and if it's a hardware issue, then in all likelihood isn't worth fixing. If you're really attached to this particular unit, you can probably pick up a used one on ebay for less than you'd end up spending to bring yours back from the dead.

Or just use this as an excuse to buy a new toy... that's what I'd do. If the wife complains, just start taking inventory of her shoes... and do it out loud. ;) Honestly, there are better delays out there anyway. This thing has great delays and absolutely killer reverbs:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ColliderDlyRev--source-audio-collider-stereo-delayreverb-pedal