Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Organising user presets in HX Edit

fruijter7777

Is there a handy way to organise your user presets in HX Edit.  I know you can copy/paste, but that reminds me of playing Ruby Cube: what a job!  That looks silly anno 2021...

Perhaps it is possible to export the user sets somewhere on jour PC, rearrange them outside HX Edit and then import them back? I hope so!!!

Best regards, Frederik

You can also drag and drop, but yes that can be painful too. But no nothing super easy in HXEdit.

You can export them and rename them in a folder so they sort as you require (eg leading 001 through 128) and then import - and yes thats painful.

There is a guy in the "Line 6 Helix Family User Group OFFICIAL and ORIGINAL" who has coded a spreadsheet and powershell method for list management - look up Michael Dawson.

You can use a 'librarian' method where you use a static set list and an external tool to manager setlist order - eg I use BandHelper and midi over bluetooth to make all patch changes through a set. Patches live in a Master setlist, and any changes are made in a Testing setlist before saving back over the original.

I once postited the idea of an off-line tool to manage patch ordering for gigs here and got a resounding "why?" - so can only assume other have much better ways of doing this within HXEdit.

1 hour ago, fruijter7777 said:

Is there a handy way to organise your user presets in HX Edit.

Hi,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but forum user Malhavok (Ben Vesco) created this quite a while back, check it out.

http://www.benvesco.com/blog/vescos-helix-patch-sorter/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 1 month later...

HX edit is excellent!  The night before the show when I know the order of the songs, I rearrange my presets with it.  So super-easy!  Then it's just pressing "next" throughout the show, no need for a set list.  

If you play in several bands, you can use the folders to organize all your presets for each project.  Or use the folders to back up your entire preset collection.  I have a backup folder for everything, in case I do something stupid right before the show, I have an entire folder of untouched presets.