Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x Serial Number Unknown In Line 6 Monkey

BowedFrancis

Hi. I recently purchased the POD HD500x second hand and I was using the Edit program for the first time.  It said the device was not connected so I went to the Monkey.  It showed the device but the serial number was listed as unknown. I registered the serial number correctly under my account, but I don't know where the Monkey is looking for the SN. I've gone through the all of the online suggestions (i.e. plugging in the device while holding the left arrow) but nothing seems to help.  I can't install drivers or update either the flash memory or the USB firmware.  

Any suggestions?  I already have a ticket open.  Ah, the joys of buying used gear...post-1926694-0-82405700-1394068325_thumb.png

try these uninstall instructions:

To uninstall the Line 6 Drivers from a MAC OSX computer, use the Line 6 Driver Uninstaller that is located on the computer at following file location:

• Applications/Line 6/Drivers/Driver uninstaller

If you have used the Driver Uninstaller and still cannot succesfully install drivers or Monkey is not recognizing them as being installed, you will need to remove the remaining driver receipts using the Terminal application that is located on the computer at the following file location:

• Applications/Utilities

Launch the Terminal application and type the following commands at the prompt:

• sudo pkgutil --forget com.line6.driver.xtaudio.package (then press the enter key)
  • Enter your Mac OSX account password. Please Note: you will NOT see the cursor acknowledge any characters being input; you will need to type your system password correctly and hit "Enter".
  • sudo pkgutil --forget com.line6.driver.xtmidi.package (then press the enter key)

After entering in all of the commands above, close the Terminal application and restart your computer. Upon restarting the computer try again to install the latest version of our drivers available from our software page at:

http://line6.com/software/

After the computer has restarted, reconnect the Line 6 hardware and open the Line 6 Monkey application again to check and see if your drivers are detected and up to date.

try these uninstall instructions:

To uninstall the Line 6 Drivers from a MAC OSX computer, use the Line 6 Driver Uninstaller that is located on the computer at following file location:

• Applications/Line 6/Drivers/Driver uninstaller

If you have used the Driver Uninstaller and still cannot succesfully install drivers or Monkey is not recognizing them as being installed, you will need to remove the remaining driver receipts using the Terminal application that is located on the computer at the following file location:

• Applications/Utilities

Launch the Terminal application and type the following commands at the prompt:

• sudo pkgutil --forget com.line6.driver.xtaudio.package (then press the enter key)
  • Enter your Mac OSX account password. Please Note: you will NOT see the cursor acknowledge any characters being input; you will need to type your system password correctly and hit "Enter".
  • sudo pkgutil --forget com.line6.driver.xtmidi.package (then press the enter key)

After entering in all of the commands above, close the Terminal application and restart your computer. Upon restarting the computer try again to install the latest version of our drivers available from our software page at:

http://line6.com/software/

After the computer has restarted, reconnect the Line 6 hardware and open the Line 6 Monkey application again to check and see if your drivers are detected and up to date.

Gave that a try and the drivers uninstalled successfully. Still doesn't recognize the SN, but I reinstalled the drivers again and the same thing happens.  After the reboot the Monkey still show the drivers as not installed.

the serial number by itself isn't really that important....

can you use edit or record audio from it?

the serial number just seems like a symptom of the drivers not working.

after you do the uninstall again (my recommendation)

try installing drivers 7.2.9

if i recall correctly that worked for some.

the serial number by itself isn't really that important....

can you use edit or record audio from it?

the serial number just seems like a symptom of the drivers not working.

after you do the uninstall again (my recommendation)

try installing drivers 7.2.9

if i recall correctly that worked for some.

Genius! That did the trick! Thank you, Zap! I'm smiling wider than the Line 6 Monkey! For some reason the most current drivers wouldn't work. Should I stick with these drivers or should I try updating to 7.3.6 now that 7.2.9 updated successfully?

• 8 years later...
On 8/2/2022 at 5:29 AM, awolkenrowl said:

Hi guys, where do i find my pod hd 500x serial numbers? it's my first time buying line 6 stuff and i had no idea how do i find it. just want to download customtone from here. 

There should be a sticker with the printed S/N attached to the bottom panel of the device.

Anyway all it takes to download from Customtone is to be logged in with a Line6 account that you already have and are writing from.

You don't need the S/N.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips