Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshots are living a life of their own

feffa86

I've had Native for a few years, messed around with it a little at the beginning, but haven't touched it since. I do know I've had this problem a few months ago when I tried to set it up, and I just gave up due to other constraints. But so now I'm trying to set it up again. Everything is working just fine except one thing.

Whenever I change a parameter inside the Native VST window, like literally every time I change the mix or decay rate, or even just touch an on/off toggle on any block, or literally if i just click my mouse buttons anywhere inside the VST window, the snapshot changes to a random other snapshot. I'm not running an elaborate MIDI setup where a bunch of messages are being sent and received. It's just Native, running inside Reason 10, with a guitar plugged straight into my Focusrite, and using the mouse for editing. No HX hardware is connected, nor any other MIDI controller or anything else for that matter. No other audio or MIDI software is running on the PC. The only things connected to the computer are the USB audio interface, the HDMI, the ethernet, the keyboard, the mouse, and a wireless receiver for the mouse. Nothing I have going on should be interacting with the VST.

If I press the slider on a parameter and hold the mouse button, the snapshot doesn't change until I let go. Just like how footswitches can be set to momentary/latching/on press/on release, it seems like this is happening "on release" after changing literally anything inside the VST window.  Needless to say this is making it near impossible to hear the changes I'm making.

I'm guessing there's something I'm not understanding up in all this, I just can't imagine this is how the software is supposed to act. This is really weird behaviour, and I can't for the life of me figure out what the thing is about. Is there some hidden mouse keybind that I'm triggering? How do I remove all such things? I won't be using this live, I don't even need the snapshots. It's just for simple practice at this point. But it's completely unusable as is.

So, I downloaded Reaper and loaded Native in there, and everything is fine. It's only happening in Reason.

So I did a search, and came over these:

So apparently this is a thing. Anyone got any suggestions on how I could figure this out? Is this a bug with Native, or a bug with Reason? Should I submit this as a bug? I dunno. For now, I'll just use Reaper, but Reason is my main DAW.