Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Strange Noise Issue

nuggs_1

Hello folks,

I just bought a used HX Stomp locally.  This issue keeps reoccurring and I am at a loss.  I did some poking around but cannot find any similar issues.    It is not a kick drum, that's my HX Stomp making that noise.  Sometimes I can play half an hour before that kicks in.  Power cycling the device doesn't seem to get rid of it unless I let some time elapse before powering it back up again.  All my other pedals are turned off.  Does anyone have an idea what this is?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Disconnect everything from the HXS. Not just turned OFF, disconnected. USB too.

If it still makes that noise with NOTHING, not even USB (just the analog Outputs), connected, then you can try a Factory Reset, and if that doesn't work, re-install the v3.11 FW.

If that doesn't get it, you can try contacting support, but if it's out of warranty and not some recognized defect, you're probably screwed.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Disconnect everything from the HXS. Not just turned OFF, disconnected. USB too.

Thanks for the advice.  Unplugged everything and left it on overnight.  Came down to a quiet pedal this morning.  That was a relief.  I have since plugged in the cables to/from the stereo effects loop so that I can try to isolate this issue.  No idea what's going on.  I have had so many pedal boards over the years, I have never experienced anything like this before.

7 hours ago, PierM said:

Didn't know they added a metronome! 

Yup... super convenient as long as you only play tunes with a tempo of 96 bpm. Actually, that would be an interesting concept for a cover band. Imagine the range of genres that you'd have to contend with to find enough tunes for 3 sets, lol...;)

• Haha 1