Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Suppress HX Edit associated IR warning message

requietus666

Change the IR (or replace the IR block with a cab block), save, done.

As far as the message itself goes, it's possibly one of the most stupid messages ever when it comes to software requiring a certain audio file, a perfect demonstration of how incredibly bad the Helix' (or rather HX Edit's) IR management is.

it's not that bad that I want to overwrite the preset, no, I accept the fact that it is saved with different IR that is currently on that particular slot (or should I say, name, there is that IR management now), but this message is like screaming "overwrite me with the new settings". I might have that IR in that slot at some time, but now it's now there, and I don't feel that is a need to overwrite

1 hour ago, requietus666 said:

it would be much nicer if it had some visual, eg exclamation mark next to IR block

For you, but sorry, I disagree and think it would be a horrible UI/UX outcome. A dialog box that warns me that there's an issue with my patch seems much more likely to ensure I do something about that or not.

That said, if its a feature you want post it in IdeaScale to see if others feel the same as you, as Line 6 doesn't look here.

• Upvote 2

It's not a stupid message at all, and is one of the BETTER features of Helix IR management.

If it wasn't there, people would be loading presets and wondering why they didn't sound right, spending hours looking for the problem, then screaming "Why doesn't Helix TELL us when the original IR is missing??? That's just STUPID!!!"

Better to know than not.

• Upvote 1