Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

background noise problem - helix lt

MauroDave

5 hours ago, MauroDave said:

ok waiting for the official ticket support, I did the reset with the 9 & 10 button.
reset me preset and ir
while the firmware has remained updated to the latest, 3.11, correct procedure or should it go back to the factory one?

The FW version remains the same. The reset just shakes out any accumulated digital glitches.

Ok after the reset it went right once, but the next time the noise is turned on again ...
Now I try to fix the whole room, sockets, new cables, ferrite magnets ... Anyway I need longer cables so they are purchases to be made ..
I think it's interference problems ...
If this remains the case, I will have the helix changed with the guarantee.

Ok after the reset it went right once, but the next time the noise is turned on again ...
Now I try to fix the whole room, sockets, new cables, ferrite magnets ... Anyway I need longer cables so they are purchases to be made ..
I think it's interference problems ...
If this remains the case, I will have the helix changed with the guarantee.
57 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

The FW version remains the same. The reset just shakes out any accumulated digital glitches.

In my music room, an attic, in the summer it is very hot (I have yet to install the air conditioner), could the helix be ruined by being in a room with 40 centigrade?

15 minutes ago, MauroDave said:

In my music room, an attic, in the summer it is very hot (I have yet to install the air conditioner), could the helix be ruined by being in a room with 40 centigrade?

Not likely. There's a vent on the bottom, is it sitting on a carpet? If it's very dusty up there, it may have sucked up a bunch of dust?

It occurs to me that I have a similar (not the same) noise with the hi gain amps, but not the clean amps, unless I add an OD/Dist/Fuzz.

I never worried about it because real amps ITRW do the same thing.

Could that be what you're experiencing, exacerbated by whatever MOD effect you're using in the audio sample? How was that recorded?

21 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

It occurs to me that I have a similar (not the same) noise with the hi gain amps, but not the clean amps, unless I add an OD/Dist/Fuzz.

I never worried about it because real amps ITRW do the same thing.

Could that be what you're experiencing, exacerbated by whatever MOD effect you're using in the audio sample? How was that recorded?

I certainly hear this background noise much louder in the very high gain presets, especially the queen ... in the clean ones, little nothing ...

But it is not clear why sometimes it is sometimes not with the same preset

8 minutes ago, MauroDave said:

I certainly hear this background noise much louder in the very high gain presets, especially the queen ... in the clean ones, little nothing ...

But it is not clear why sometimes it is sometimes not with the same preset

Yes, that is curious. I'll have to pay more attention to what a given hi gain preset sounds like when I first turn on the unit vs later.