Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I use my model packs in a new UX2 without de-authorizing the old one? ( I have two UX2's now)

brandt4u

Hello, my apologies in advance for the long story, I have been using/enjoying Pod Farm and the UX2 for years, but lately I had some audio problems with my old UX2, I could not find a new one, so I tried with a different brand (Orange Omec teleport interface), bought pod farm from line 6, opened a support ticket, they de-authorized my old UX2 so that I could use the packs and in the end, the Orange OMEC did not worked with pod farm at all, so I re-authorized my old UX2 (this was my last authorization, according to the website I'm not allowed to more de-authorize/authorize ) anyway... after a few months (and losing money) I have finally found a brand new UX2 in ebay and bought it, so, my question is the following:

Can I use my model packs with both UX2 interfaces? ( my idea is to have the old UX2 as emergency back up in my old computer, and the new one in my new laptop )

I don't want to de-authorize my old UX2 ( I ran out of authorizations ), if it's not possible I guess I'll have to save money in order to buying the packs again.

Thanks in advance for your answers, and showing me the proper protocol.

Edited by brandt4u
wrote unauthorized instead of de-authorize

• 2 months later...

First, it's just plan unprofessional for Line 6 to just leave you hanging here for 6 months without even responding to your question. At one time, you question had a very simple answer. YES. In fact it says on the very top of the chart on your page where you see your add-ons :

"This following should appear in all your Authorized devices that support the add-on."

Whatever that means. I'm pretty sure that whoever wrote the sentence & never bothered to look at it again, meant to say, "The following should appear..." Which actually makes sense & means when you purchase add-ons they will show up in ALL of your devices that support those add-on types. POD Farm add-ons show up in all POD Farm type devices. HD add-ons show up in all HD type devices etc.

I'm in total agreement with your choice of tools too. I bought a GuitarPort in 2005 when everyone I jammed with would ask WHAT is THAT? But all I had to do was fire up my laptop, plug my Bose 301 speakers into my laptop, pug my GuitarPort into a USB port, plug my guitar in to the GuitarPort & start GearBox (the software before PODFarm that looked a lot like Amp Farrn does these days) & play a few notes & watch everyone's mouth hang open in awe. Not from my playing. Just because I go from playing a Roland Jazz Chorus 120 & jump to Marshall Half stack with every kind of FX gizmo imaginable in a flash.  A few years later I bought a StudioPort UX2 or a POD Studio UX2 (they look exactly the same except that one is black & the other is red. I have one of each) & I felt like I had a whole recording studio that I could bring anywhere & carry the whole thing myself. There are a crazy number of toys in there. Amps & amps & more amps. Every size & kind of speaker cab, FX for days. Compressors & over drives & a million presets to get things rolling.

Just in case you ever come back & check this post or it sends you an email letting you know that somebody finally replied to your question after 43 years. I just couldn't take the fact that NO Body replied at all. Also, you may have found that your UX2 doesn't like Windows 10. I know mine doesn't or didn't. They both worked great in XP & Windows 7, but 10 has been a nightmare. I could go on & on, but I need to leave before they find out I'm gone & not in my cell at the institution.

• Upvote 1

Hi banim2 Thank you so much for replying, I purchased the orange Omec teleport and it sucked big time, so I went and bought a second UX2 and I agree with you, love pod farm and all the packs, I'm able to get close to the EVH tone without spending thousands of dollars in pedals, I'm on win10 and I get the ocasional blue screen from time to time but I think having a I7 processor and higher Ram helps a lot.