Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp channel change in Helix LT

msmitham

Orange Rocker 32 stereo valve amp and a Helix LT. 

Managed to get the Helix in stereo through the Orange with 5 cables, but when I put the cable from the left 1/4" out on the Helix into the return left/mono on the amp, the clean/dirty channel does not work. Anyone else come across this?

5 cable wiring is as below.

Guitar to Helix Guitar in.

Left send on Helix to Amp input. (top of amp)

Left Return on Helix to Send on amp

Left and Right 1/4" output on Helix to Return Left and Right on Amp

I get full stereo with this system, but channel change on Amp (clean/dirty) does not work as soon as I put the cable from 1/4" left from Helix into Return Left (mono) on the amp.

Any advice greatfully received.........

854421491_Screenshot_20211004-130828_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0ad5d1af4b3c36750d77bf9cc366e615.jpg

923337770_Screenshot_20211004-130329_SamsungInternet.jpg.997dc0db29866a05b6b992a107cd1448.jpg

Do you have an fx loop or send/return combination somewhere in your helix preset that you're using?  This sounds like you may be hearing things with the preamp of the orange not engaged (which is what would happen if you didn't insert that loop into the preset).