Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go 1.30

Digital_Igloo

Just posted on The GearPage, but well worth repeating here too I think!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yees!!  Very nicely done guys & thanks so much to the whole L6 team for all the hard work to get these enhancements to us!  The footswitch & snapshot enhancements are a God-send for gigging, and love the option to use FS7/8 for scrolling banks, presets or snaphots, - again brilliant for gigging, as is the additional volume control parameters and the favourite settings feature is terrific. Plus of course it's always nice to have some new amp/fx models too - esp looking forward to trying out the Mandarin Rocker.

:banana:aok:beer:bow:dude:rockin

Now, if you could just add an ice cold beer tap in v1.40, PG will be perfect! :bumpbump

This is now complete for me, gigged with the Go first time last weekend, and this update just puts the icing on the cake to a brilliant unit. Can't wait to try again this   weekend

I'm a Helix owner as well, but for the band I play in the Go Wireless is perfect and so much more portable. The snapshots were an issue but not anymore with the labeling. 

I'm going to get the Mission pedal I think, I can see me using that as well.

Top job guys  :)

The backup dialog won't load during the update process. I get "Backup dialog failed to load. Click OK to retry."  I can't get past this bug to install the new firmware.

I have the 1.3 version of PodGo Edit installed.

Anyone else have this problem? What's the fix?

1 hour ago, EuanGMason said:

The backup dialog won't load during the update process. I get "Backup dialog failed to load. Click OK to retry."  I can't get past this bug to install the new firmware.

Try rebooting your computer and then running PG Edit again.  

Just installed Update 1.30 and everything went smooth except one thing...

I can no longer get back to the SNAPSHOTS screen!!!

I had this same issue when I installed the last update as well but after restarting the Pod Go and tinkering with it I was eventually able to get back to the snapshots mode.

Here's what is happening:

When I try to select a patch it is supposed to show the 4 snapshots on the screen.

When I tap the button or click on a given patch in the software it no longer switches to the screen where the 4 snapshots are selectable.

Instead it just keeps switching from preset to preset loading whatever snapshot the patch is programed to load up.

I can't switch snapshots because it just keeps going from preset to preset.

I've tried...

Turning it on and off several times.

Unplugging the power and usb cables and counting to 10.

I tried turning it on in stomp mode and then switching to snapshot mode.

I use snapshots more than anything else and love that we can now name them!

HELP PLEASE!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MasterJoeDa said:

Did you do the factory reset like it suggested on the update page? This is usually the first reply I see to every Helix update so it must apply here.

3 hours ago, voxman55 said:

Try rebooting your computer and then running PG Edit again.  

I tried that, but it didn't change anything. I tried re-installing PodGo Edit 1.2, but no go. I then tried the Line 6 firmware updater, and that worked, but if course with no back up. I re-installed PodGo Edit 1.3, and then tried to back up, but nothing happens when you choose back up from the menu.

The updated stuff is visible and usable after the firmware update, without the factory reset recommended by Line 6, but it's a bit disconcerting to not be able to back up anything.

1 hour ago, MasterJoeDa said:

When I try to select a patch it is supposed to show the 4 snapshots on the screen.

When I tap the button or click on a given patch in the software it no longer switches to the screen where the 4 snapshots are selectable.

Instead it just keeps switching from preset to preset loading whatever snapshot the patch is programed to load up.

Just guessing here but this sounds a lot like you are just in Stomp mode and need to hit the MODE switch.

14 hours ago, MasterJoeDa said:

I had this same issue when I installed the last update as well but after restarting the Pod Go and tinkering with it I was eventually able to get back to the snapshots mode.

I've tried...

Turning it on and off several times.

Unplugging the power and usb cables and counting to 10.

I tried turning it on in stomp mode and then switching to snapshot mode.

I use snapshots more than anything else and love that we can now name them!

HELP PLEASE!!!

Ok, so I did a factory rest twice and my Pod Go still will not go into the SNAPSHOTS screen!

I've tried contacting support and get "no one is available at this time"!

I have a gig tonight!!!

How do I fix this!?

So are you coming out of stomp mode into snap, and then holding the 2 left hand buttons down at the same time. If you have the option in Global settings/ switched and pedals/up down switched, turn the know to presets. I had to do the same after upgrade also

On 10/6/2021 at 9:46 AM, EuanGMason said:

It turns out that the fix is to run PodGo Edit in Windows administrator mode. This should be included in on-line instructions.

2 hours ago, MasterJoeDa said:

I was able to get the issue resolved after contacting support.

I was not aware that to get to the snapshots screen the bank up/down buttons needed to be pressed together.

Thank you everyone for helping! :D

I hate to sound like a school teacher here, but your response suggests you havent read the manual or watched the excellent series of short Pod Go help videos from Line 6.... this could have saved you a lot of inconvenience.  Pod Go is a great piece of gear, but it isnt plug and play and there is a lot of help you can get from the manual and vids to help you get the best from it. 

On 10/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, bloodandtears said:

If I choose to have the Volume control just control the Amp Out.. what value will the Main Out be set at? 12 o'clock?? and vice versa I guess...

I would guess Max volume. That's the same it was before when it only controlled Main, Amp Out would be at full volume, I think.

The point of that is that you're giving the "uncontrolled" signal the maximum signal-to-noise ratio, and leaving the volume control to the sound guy (which, ideally, should have a good grasp on how to handle your high volume signal.. although, from what I've seen, that's not always the case).

14 hours ago, MasterJoeDa said:

Yes, it was something that was in the manual and not obvious to me.

After, doing a factory reset and reloading my back up I couldn't figure out how to get back to the snapshots screen.

The fix: Press the UP & DOWN arrows on the left at the same time.

Okay,  I did that and I'm able to scroll through the snapshots of each preset using the UP and DOWN arrows. But previously, when I selected a preset, I was able to see ALL the snapshots for that preset on the screen at once and select which one I wanted using the A, B, C, and D switches. Now I can't do that. I have to use the up and down buttons to select each snapshot. 

Now, this is not a deal breaker. I can adjust. But the thing is this: Say I'm on snapshot 1 and I want to switch to snapshot 3 mid-song. Previously all I had to do was select the switch for snapshot 3, whatever it was (A, B, C, D) and bam I'm right there. Now I have to "scroll" through snapshot 2 to get to snapshot 3 using the up and down arrows, which isn't optimal. Make sense? 

Also, the snapshots are now coming up with a letter "E" next to their name, which is new. Not sure what that's all about. 

1 hour ago, jbird5150 said:

Okay, I did that and I'm able to scroll through the snapshots of each preset using the UP and DOWN arrows. But previously, when I selected a preset, I was able to see ALL the snapshots for that preset on the screen at once and select which one I wanted using the A, B, C, and D switches. Now I can't do that. I have to use the up and down buttons to select each snapshot.

Now, this is not a deal breaker. I can adjust. But the thing is this: Say I'm on snapshot 1 and I want to switch to snapshot 3 mid-song. Previously all I had to do was select the switch for snapshot 3, whatever it was (A, B, C, D) and bam I'm right there. Now I have to "scroll" through snapshot 2 to get to snapshot 3 using the up and down arrows, which isn't optimal. Make sense?

There's 2 different actions:

- if you're in any mode where you can see Bank/Preset/Snapshot Up+Down and you press Up+Down at the same time for a few seconds, you'll swap between switching Banks, Presets or Snapshots (so, if you're in Bank Up+Down, you'll go to Preset Up+Down, and so on). You can also configure this directly in Global Settings > Switches/Pedals > Up/Down Switches.

- if you're either in Stomp Mode or Snapshot Mode and you press very briefly Up+Down you'll switch to the other mode (so, if you're in Preset Mode, you'll switch to Snapshot Mode, and vice-versa).

It's this last one that you want. But you have to be in Stomp Mode. If you're in Preset Mode (where you see the 4 Presets from the current Bank), then you need to press the Mode button to get into Stomp or Snapshot Mode.

Also, the snapshots are now coming up with a letter "E" next to their name, which is new. Not sure what that's all about.

This just means that you changed something to the preset and haven't saved it yet. If you save it (or switch to another preset and come back, discarding the change), it will disappear.

Edited by skryptus

• 2 months later...

@Digital_Igloo hi! thanks for the update. In the recent Andertons shootout, the Pod Go sounded consistently dark despite attempts to tweak settings to remedy. I doubt this is a problem with the hardware, could you shed some light if perhaps the Pod Go wasn't properly set up and hence the consistently dark tone? Thank you 

4 hours ago, voxman55 said:

I've had my Pod Go 18 mths and its brilliant. There's no issue at all with Pod Go sounding dark...it can be as bright or as sparkling as you need.  It must be only to do with settings. 

thanks, i'm happy to hear that. it seems really strange that the pod go would have such a big and obvious shortcoming. could it be that in the video they use DI?

@lev_kusanagiNo idea.  But I did a short audio clip of a patch I created for a bit of fun.  This used an amp model suggested by someone else that wouldn't normally have occurred to me to show the power of Pod Go and what you can do with a single patch using snap shots and stomp options.  It goes from funk and jazz to Led Zep and Rush rock tones.

I'll leave you to decide if it's too dark!

• Like 1