Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp volume issue

peterpanmar

Dear Line 6 community,

could you please advice to me, I have been experiencing a strange issue with my HX Stomp XL. There is this weird volume changing intensity up and down, mainly on the lower volume. Including the video, where it can be heard. https://youtube.com/shorts/WZw73rK2YoM?feature=share Is it please common or a deffective unit? In the video running it through effect loop, but it does the same with the headphones. Tried changing the cables, guitars and it still persists. Thank you very much for any help, Martin

That sounds quite normal to me.  You start with a very high gain tone then switch to a clean tone.  The actual volume might change slightly, but mostly it's changing the perceived volume more than the actual volume.  Your high gain tone sustains longer and is highly compressed whereas the clean tone has little sustain or compression so it has higher peaks and fades quicker.  But that's just a hearing test.  My guess is if you were to watch it on a signal meter the two tones would be pretty consistent in their peak values.

Thank you very much for your reply, unfortunately what I have meant is the signal on dirty amp is fluctuating or jumping up and down in the volume, it can be heard when letting the strings ring. It sounds like there is a noise gate or some "tremolo" or "univibe" effect, but there is not, it is only the amp sound. The same happens on a clean amp, but is less noticable in the video. It is not also rhytmic, as the tremolo or univibe would be...

Have you reinstalled the latest firmware version 3.11 and followed with a Factory Reset to be certain that you are running a flawless Firmware install? If not, give it a go. Be sure to backup any custom Presets you may wish to preserve before you begin. 

I would start isolating the problem;

-Is it happening with all presets, even stock?

-Is it happening with all output, even Headphones?

-Is it happening with any guitar?

If all are yes, then Id try with a full backup of your stuff and then a Global Reset, pressing C+D while booting the unit. Usually this is solving these kind of things...

If this isnt happening in certain conditions, then I'd investigate from there.