Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need help loading an IR.

Vics53

Greetings! Hope all are doing well. I ordered a Vox AC 30 preset from Worship Tutorials on Friday. Never tried an preset like this before so I thought I'd give it a go and it's pretty cool. I was able to load the preset just fine but I cannot get the IR to load. They said the IR is the real star of this preset so I'm anxious to hear it. I have contacted their support site for help but haven't heard back from them yet.

In the meantime, maybe someone can walk me though how to load the IR. Again, first time in attempting this.

Also, I've been so happy with my Pod Go that I haven't bothered to do any upgrades to the latest Firmware. The current Firmware is what came on the unit which is 1.120. I watched a video on YouTube on how to do this and it looks pretty easy but it seems like some folks here are having problems when loading the latest versions. Is the latest version 1.130? I think that's what it is.

Thanks in advance for your time. Have a good day.

I just went back to YouTube and watched a video on how to load IR's. Fellows name is Jason Constatine. As per his video, he opened up the IR section. He then opened the file with the IR, clicked and dragged the IR into an available empty bank. The thing I noticed was as he had the IR over the empty banks they were highlighted and he put the IR into the highlighted bank of his choice. I tried that and nothing is highlighted. Then I get a message that says:

Pod Go was unable to import preset in this set due to the following errors. -400- file or direction path not found.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm am NOT a computer person and I don't know quite what this means. I take it there's something else I need to do but can't figure out what.

When you bought the patch, did your purchase include a copy of the IR being used? If so, this would have been provided to you as a separate IR file (usually in .WAV format) which is different to a patch file.  

Although some third party IRs are available free, others have to be paid for. 

To explain, patches can only be transferred between users with Pod Go stock cabs. Patches cannot be transferred between users with a third party cab IR built in. The cab IR is totally separate to the patch. The IR being used has to be obtained separately and imported into your own Pod Go, then selected from your IR folder.  

This means that if I loaded a patch onto Line 6 Custom Tone that I had created using a third party cab IR that I had bought called 'JTM' when you downloaded the patch, it would not contain 'JTM'.  Although you could still use the patch by selecting any stock cab, or any other third party IR cab you might have loaded into your Pod Go, if you did not have the same IR called 'JTM' loaded into your Pod Go, you would not get the same tone. If JTM was not a free IR, you would have to buy the IR separately from whoever created and sold the IR before you could load it into your Pod Go. 

I suspect you've bought the patch only and you would have to buy the cab IR used by JC separately from whoever he bought it from, in order to match the tone. If JC bought the IR he used from a third party creator, he would not be allowed to send that IR on to you. 

The preset and the IR were both purchased together as part of a package from Worship Tutorials. The IR is in its own folder. Double click on that folder and its in there as a WAV file. "60s AC Silver." I can access it just fine. Just can't figure out how to load the IR into the Pod.

1 hour ago, Vics53 said:

The preset and the IR were both purchased together as part of a package from Worship Tutorials. The IR is in its own folder. Double click on that folder and its in there as a WAV file. "60s AC Silver." I can access it just fine. Just can't figure out how to load the IR into the Pod.

Ah, in which case it should be easy.  First, check the IR file is a .WAV file - if it's in a Zip file, you need to unzip it first. There may be just a single .WAV file or there may be several versions of the IR eg with different mics or distances etc.

Open up Pod Go Edit and click on the 'impulses' tab.  Go to where you have the IR .WAV file saved and just drag the .WAV file you want to the first empty slot in the 'impulses' tag.  Once that's done, open up up the preset you bought - I'm not sure if it will find the IR automatically.  If it does, great. If not, go to the cab model in the preset, click on the 3 dots inside the white circle after the name of whatever cab it loads, and you'll see a normal red cab icon on the left, and a purple cab icon with a squiggly line on it on the right. Click the purple cab icon and on the left will be a list of the IR's you've loaded.  Double click on the IR and it will load into the preset. Save the preset and you should be good to go. 

Well, I tried and tried and no luck with loading the IR. What you (Voxman) suggested is exactly what is shown in a YouTube video on how to load an IR. I mean, its not rocket science. Click on Impulses on the Pod, call up the IR from where its saved on my PC, click on and drag the IR into an available slot in the Impulse section and its done. Not so. As said before, the amp patches loaded just fine. Yes, the IR is a WAV file.

But here's what's really odd. Assuming the IR loads you said: " go to the cab model in the preset, click on the 3 dots inside the white circle after the name of whatever cab it loads, and you'll see a normal red cab icon on the left, and a purple cab icon with a squiggly line on it on the right. Click the purple cab icon and on the left will be a list of the IR's you've loaded.  Double click on the IR and it will load into the preset. Save the preset and you should be good to go."

All 128 Impulse places show empty. But when I did what you said (clicking on the purple cab with the squiggly line on ANY preset in User it now shows it has an IR. It shows IR 1024 whatever that is. But when I click on that it shows it as being empty and again, all 128 Impulse places show empty. So I don't know what the hell is going on here. 

On 10/10/2021 at 11:57 AM, Vics53 said:

Pod Go was unable to import preset in this set due to the following errors. -400- file or direction path not found.

On 10/10/2021 at 7:08 PM, voxman55 said:

if it's in a Zip file, you need to unzip it first.

Make sure you unzipped the file, and that you do not just double click the zip file which just opens the zip and shows you its content

You can also try to copy the .wav file to a simple path; ex;  c:/temp/yourwav.wav, some programs have issues with paths with spaces, permissions, etc.  You can also right click your pod go Edit shortcut and choose 'run as administrator, that might help. 

10 hours ago, Vics53 said:

. It shows IR 1024 whatever that is.

The IR GUI from the Pod Go is different than from the cabs, it's annoying... At one place you select the 1024 whatever it is, and then you use one of the other knobs below the screen to choose the IR.  It is really dumb that the IRs menu/settings does not work at all like the cabs.  Maybe there is a default one, can't remember..

But if you were able to import the IR, you should see it in the list of IRs in PG Edit.  On the list of IRs on the left, right click, import IR or wahtever hte choice is, navigate to your c:/temp folder, you should see your .wav and be able to import it.  In your c:/temp if you right click the .wav file it should say wave file or whatever, not zip/compressed.

Also just download a new IR to test it out.  If it works, maybe something is screwed up with the worship IR and you should try contacting them.

Thanks to my son, I was just now able to download the IR! Good grief! Well, I told you all I'm not a computer person! He pointed out how the patches and the IR were in a compressed zip folder, so he "unzipped" it and it was able to load just fine.

I am SUCH a dunce with this stuff! Thank you all for you help.

3 hours ago, Vics53 said:

Thanks to my son, I was just now able to download the IR! Good grief! Well, I told you all I'm not a computer person! He pointed out how the patches and the IR were in a compressed zip folder, so he "unzipped" it and it was able to load just fine.

I am SUCH a dunce with this stuff! Thank you all for you help.

Glad you got it sorted.  But...c'mon - I appreciate you're not overly familiar with all this, and hence why you asked for help. But, & I'm sorry if this sounds a bit grouchy, when someone spends the time to respond to try & help you, it is a bit disappointing and a bit of a waste of effort if you don't actually read these?  :facepalm:bkw:jo:rolleyes2:

"Ah, in which case it should be easy.  First, check the IR file is a .WAV file - if it's in a Zip file, you need to unzip it first. "  

Nuff said. image.gif.44cb849cf01674417b42ed7366a2556e.gif:beer

image.gif