Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume Level Setting Drift

jpdennis

I thought I read a topic concerning this yet I cannot find it so ..

Since the last update I have this issue with my Volume Pedal block.  After moving between a few presets regardless of the number of snapshots my volume pedal block changes on its own in the following manner;

At full down it will be anything but 100.  It may be 94 or 97 or even 92.  In addition when full up it will be anything but zero.  It may be 4 or 7 or 8.  The fix is, of course, to reboot though not the best approach when segue from song to song in groups of 3 or 4 is the demand of the group.

Any thoughts and has this been discussed yet I just haven't stumbled upon the correct search string?

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas

Dennis

9 hours ago, jpdennis said:

Any thoughts and has this been discussed yet I just haven't stumbled upon the correct search string?

Here are three things to consider.... maybe one will apply to you. 

• The pedal on the Helix is suppose to be self-calibrating at start up. On every start up.... I take the time to do "toe down > heel down > toe down" on my internal & external expression pedal. I can't say that it helps or not, but I can say I am not experiencing the problem you (and others) have reported.... so maybe it does. 
  • Do you set your expression as "global, preset, or snapshot"? FWIW I set mine as global so there is a constant communication flow between the expression and the Helix.... no interruption of presets and/or snapshot settings to "possibly" corrupt the values. I doubt that would matter, but I've convinced myself it might :) 
  • The internal expression is photo (light) sensitive. I have problems outdoors because light gets in and wreaks havoc on my position/setting. Check the lighting position around the placement of the helix.   
  • Upvote 3

Let me guess... Helix LT?  I have seen this happen with mine occasionally for as long as I've had my LT, but not as severely.  Usually goes up to 99, then 98, but never lower than that.  The pedal on the LT is very flimsy and you can basically force it to go higher right before pushing the footswitch.... The workaround is to use an external exp pedal, I'm afraid, or get it fixed under warranty. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, theElevators said:

Let me guess... Helix LT?  I have seen this happen with mine occasionally for as long as I've had my LT, but not as severely.  Usually goes up to 99, then 98, but never lower than that.  The pedal on the LT is very flimsy and you can basically force it to go higher right before pushing the footswitch.... The workaround is to use an external exp pedal, I'm afraid, or get it fixed under warranty. 

theElevators,

Thanks for the feedback.  I have the Helix Floor not the LT.  

On 10/11/2021 at 6:26 AM, codamedia said:

Here are three things to consider.... maybe one will apply to you. 

• The pedal on the Helix is suppose to be self-calibrating at start up. On every start up.... I take the time to do "toe down > heel down > toe down" on my internal & external expression pedal. I can't say that it helps or not, but I can say I am not experiencing the problem you (and others) have reported.... so maybe it does. 
  • Do you set your expression as "global, preset, or snapshot"? FWIW I set mine as global so there is a constant communication flow between the expression and the Helix.... no interruption of presets and/or snapshot settings to "possibly" corrupt the values. I doubt that would matter, but I've convinced myself it might :) 
  • The internal expression is photo (light) sensitive. I have problems outdoors because light gets in and wreaks havoc on my position/setting. Check the lighting position around the placement of the helix.   

codamedia,

I will use that and see.  Thanks!

On 10/11/2021 at 5:05 AM, datacommando said:

Hi Dennis,

Maybe this one:

Or this,

Another, but it’s really old.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

datacommando,

Thanks as well!  I'm going to be investigating the various solutions.  I haven't had the chance to keep up lately with the various music work I have found as well as my "soon to retire from" non-music career.  I will report back once I have investigated and get a chance to breathe!  lol

just plain dennis

• Thanks 2

• 9 months later...