Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODGO Edit Test Drive

joel_brown

I wanted to download and use the PODGO Edit before I bought a PODGO just to see what it's capabilities are.  I've owned several Line6 products in the past and have done this to see if it's meets my needs.  However, the PODGO Edit doesn't let you see anything unless it has a PODGO connected - unless I'm not doing something right ?  Is this how it's supposed to work ?

I want to make sure I can run the PODGO in stereo and delay the left channel by 20ms.  This give me the stereo effect I've used for years.

3 hours ago, joel_brown said:

I want to make sure I can run the PODGO in stereo and delay the left channel by 20ms.  This give me the stereo effect I've used for years.

About PG Edit, you can check some sample videos about pod go edit, there's some from L6 and a lot of random people making Pod Go videos.

For the 20ms stereo delay, I don't think there's a built-in feature that does.  PGO has a lot of stereo delays and effects though, so you'll definitely be able to achieve the effect, but not with a 'free' built-in setting; you would have to use one of the 4 dynamic effects block.  Unless I'm wrong and someone will correct me  :o)

For me to get the effect I'm looking for I need to put a 20ms delay on the left channel and leave the right channel alone.  From what I can tell by watching videos and reading manuals, it may possible to do this by placing a stereo delay after the amp/cab that ONLY does a 20ms delay on the left set to full wet and on the right have it set to nothing and full dry.  Then I can add other effects before and after the this, making sure they maintain stereo and I'm good to go.  Can anyone confirm this for me please ?

There's no multiple paths on the POD Go, so I don't think that's something you're able to do. The best you could do, like @grdGo33 said, is use a stereo delay, like the Dual or the Ping Pong, and adjust it so it gets the effect you want. It's possible that, if you set the Mix so you only hear the delay and not the original signal, but you'd have to try (or ask someone here to try - my POD Go is currently in the shop, so I can't help you there).

• 4 weeks later...

I know these forums are mostly supported by other users/customers and I want to thank them for their answers.  However, I can't find or get a definitive answer to my question.  As soon as I do I will buy the unit.  Although the longer I wait the more I look at competitors products, such as Headrush.

I wish Line6 had a manual that said more than how to turn the product on and what the effect names were.  Or had the Edit software where you could test drive the product before buying it, like they did for the PODHDs.

Thank you.  From the image you posted it looks like it will do what I want.

You should be able to hear a noticeable difference using this effect when the PODGO is sending both channels back to the mixer and it's hard panned, even at 20ms.  

On 11/13/2021 at 12:28 PM, joel_brown said:

Thank you.  From the image you posted it looks like it will do what I want.

You should be able to hear a noticeable difference using this effect when the PODGO is sending both channels back to the mixer and it's hard panned, even at 20ms.  

Maybe it's just my ears but I had AKG K240 headphones on when I posted this and the most I can hear is a slight almost imperceptible sound gap in the left ear at that delay.