Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X - Apple M1 - Rosetta 2

- I have a Mac Air/M1 running Big Sur 11.3.1 and a Line 6 HD500X

- Line 6 report HD500X is now compatible with Big Sur. 
- Check on the linked update for Apple/M1 silicon compatibility, reports 'Could not detect a POD HD500X connected to your computer'.

- If i click on the HD edit app in applications and 'Get Info' it confirms it's compatible with Intel
- The HD version is 2.27 which is the same as the last update I actioned some time ago (pre upgrading to Mac Air/M1)

- If Intel compatible then it should run via Rosetta 2 which I definitely have on my Mac/M1

In summary I'm running Big Sur on M1 and the Intel based HD500X editor should run via Rosetta 2 I think.

Does anyone have any comment or info please? Maybe a different experience or a work-around/fix that helped?

Thanks in advance.

• 5 weeks later...

The assumption with rosetta is correct. However this doesn't count for drivers. To use the full potential from the HD500X Line6 needs to rewrite the drivers for the ARM processor. Apple doesn't accept Intel code on M1 for drivers. That is becuase of the M1 kernel.

Unfortunately Line 6 still hasn't after 2 years (!!!!!)  rewritten the drivers for the Apple M1. So you cant use the HD500X, just like me, in the Apple M1.

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2021 at 9:30 PM, ajseesink said:

The assumption with rosetta is correct. However this doesn't count for drivers. To use the full potential from the HD500X Line6 needs to rewrite the drivers for the ARM processor. Apple doesn't accept Intel code on M1 for drivers. That is becuase of the M1 kernel applinked.

Unfortunately Line 6 still hasn't after 2 years (!!!!!)  rewritten the drivers for the Apple M1. So you cant use the HD500X, just like me, in the Apple M1.

Is there any place to rewritten drivers for ARM processor so that I can use it on Apple M1.