Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2 amps 1 pedal - light question

adauria

Hi folks,

New to Helix LT but really digging it. I've learned a whole bunch reading here but I have a question I can't seem to find anywhere. 

I have a patch that has 2 amps in it, both amps assigned to one of the stomp pedals. I want it to behave such that when the light is off, the amp1 is active and amp2 is inactive. When I stomp it, that switches so that amp2 is active and amp1 is inactive, turning the colored light on. This is basically how I have it working now, however, I have noticed that the behavior occasionally reverses itself such that when amp2 is active and amp1 is inactive, the light is on (and vice-versa). I have discovered that I can switch this by touching the footswitch, but I am not sure why this is happening (maybe I am accidentally touching the switch at the wrong time).

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work and what I can do to prevent the light status assignment to stay a certain way (amp2 on / amp1 off - light on, and vice-versa)? Maybe why it keeps switching? 

-Andrew

Make sure you update your firmware!  I have seen this behavior in 2.8 -- touching the button used to reverse the bypass status of your pedals.  I discovered this when I was wearing socks during a rehearsal.  Let me also guess... you are using momentary switching...? 

I was able to replicate this issue on 2.8 by pressing the button many times in a row with my fingers.

1 hour ago, theElevators said:

Make sure you update your firmware!  I have seen this behavior in 2.8 -- touching the button used to reverse the bypass status of your pedals.  I discovered this when I was wearing socks during a rehearsal.  Let me also guess... you are using momentary switching...? 

I was able to replicate this issue on 2.8 by pressing the button many times in a row with my fingers.

Thanks. I am on the latest firmware and HXEdit versions. I am also using latching, not momentary switching.  I definitely notice it more when using my hands or bare feet to switch, but if the issue was supposedly resolved it is still doing it for me in 3.10. 

-Andrew

17 hours ago, adauria said:

Thanks. I am on the latest firmware and HXEdit versions. I am also using latching, not momentary switching.  I definitely notice it more when using my hands or bare feet to switch, but if the issue was supposedly resolved it is still doing it for me in 3.10. 

-Andrew

Are you sure... that you updated the firmware on the Helix?  Really?  If this bug is still not resolved  in 3.1, that's absolutely unacceptable!  Line 6 has some outstanding bugs that have not been fixed for years....  My suggestion is to open a support ticket.  Film yourself recreating this issue and attach the preset backup. 

Ever since I noticed that bug in 2020, I stopped using the stomp mode entirely and use snapshots exclusively.  To turn on things momentarily, I use the the EXP pedal.  I have not had any issue with things getting flipped in snapshots. 

Even with button toppers, or when wearing shoes, things like static electricity can cause the buttons to still react as if they were touched...

This is the exact reason that I put Barefoot Buttons on all of my Helix foot switches. Tired of inadvertently activating the capacitive function of the switches with fingers, forearms, feet, or other body part beginning with "F". Not an inexpensive solution, but certainly an elegant one. I got the clear ones so you can still see the LED ring, you can still use the capacitive functions by touching the set screws, and it looks awesome.

Photo%20May%2010,%209%2055%2047%20AM.jpg

Photo%20May%2009,%209%2039%2005%20PM.jpg

3 hours ago, adauria said:

Nice, good thought... I'm sure it's related to capacitance contact. Yes, I am sure I'm on 3.1. I bought used, so not sure I can open a support ticket. 

-Andrew 

Since it's a software bug, you definitely have every right to open a ticket.

Good luck, and please keep us posted!

d.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:50 PM, theElevators said:

Since it's a software bug, you definitely have every right to open a ticket.

Good luck, and please keep us posted!

d.

OK, thanks - I will try and do that when I get around to it! 

-Andrew