Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Customtone site feedback

guitarzan8

1) is there a place on this web site to submit feedback to Line6?

2) I think it would very useful to be able to attach a tone sample to user submitted tones on the customtone web site at https://line6.com/customtone/

Frequently I connect my HD500X to Line6 edit, jump on the site, download a tone and listen to it only to find out it is not what I'm looking for. If, in the results list of a search, there is a link to an mp3 of a user created tone, I could listen to it immediately, without leaving the page.  This would get me the results I came for in the first place much faster!  I bet other users like me would use this site more, submitting and downloading more tones, if this feature existed.  (for example, in this forum post, I'm able to attach a file.  Add this function to the "tone entry form".

One night, I was doing a show with [evil corporation]. And I had the opportunity to play on Brian May's rig. 

I didn't sound like Brian May. 

On another occasion, I've gotten to play with Les Paul. I sounded jazzy, but not like Les Paul. 

The point is - (assuming good faith) people create tones and post tones that they believe to be accurate. But they create them using their ears, their gear, their fingers. 

You don't have their ears, their gear, or their fingers. You will never sound like them. 

Even tones offered from YouTube videos don't transfer from user to user. 

It is just a fact of life. 

Sure, the idea of modeling tech is to be able to reproduce tone. But there are some variables that don't transfer. 

Also worth noting: 

I don't have a YouTube, SoundCloud, or anything. I don't give my music away for free. 

Would you not download my tones because I play live for people and money instead of streaming for likes. 

Plus, there is a place for people to leave notes. If they want to post a link, they do. 

• 5 months later...

I agree with GUITARZAN8........ Even if the tones are not perfect, the simple fact that there are so many available the ability to preview them would be an enormous help. Downloading and testing each file to see how it sounds could take forever to find one close to what you're looking for.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:48 AM, danandme said:

I agree with GUITARZAN8........ Even if the tones are not perfect, the simple fact that there are so many available the ability to preview them would be an enormous help. Downloading and testing each file to see how it sounds could take forever to find one close to what you're looking for.

You could preview stuff until you're blue in the face, and there's still absolutely zero guarantee that it would sound anything like what you heard when you actually get your hands on it... for precisely the reasons listed above. There are simply too many variables. And having only one common denominator (the patch) is woefully insufficient to yield anything that approaches tonal continuity from one user to the next.

With my first modeler, I downloaded hundreds of patches from Customtone in a futile attempt to find anything useful. Never ended up using a single one of them. No amount of "previewing" would have changed that outcome, no matter how glorious they might have sounded in someone else's posted sound clip. Customtone is a nice concept, but in the end it is nothing more than a marketing gimmick, and almost entirely useless in real-world applications.