Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Desktop Hd X On The Way Or Not?

fusionero

Hello, i'm fusionman and i want to buy a Pod Hd Desktop but i see that the Desktop version is discontinued (and also the Pod Hd 300 and 400) and I wonder if anyone knows if you think Line 6 shows an update "x" or something new soon because I would not buy it and after very little time taken out a new product ....

Do you know if it has been discontinued due to poor sales or because they are going to release a new model?

thanks

Hopefully they're not completely abandoning the modeling....with some better cab sims in there the modeling is on par with much, much more expensive units. 

I've learned not to hold your breath with it comes to ANYTHING regarding Line 6. They will do what they want, when they want, and they will market it like it cures cancers while chasing terrorists. And if they do make an announcement, expect a few weeks of delays.

• Upvote 2

Arislaf,where did you buy your pod hd desktop from? I bought one about 3 weeks ago from sweetwater that was new at a closeout price for $199.99! i thought that was a great price because they were originally selling for $400.00,i still seen a few used ones at musicians friend selling for over $300.00!

Arislaf,where did you buy your pod hd desktop from? I bought one about 3 weeks ago from sweetwater that was new at a closeout price for $199.99! i thought that was a great price because they were originally selling for $400.00,i still seen a few used ones at musicians friend selling for over $300.00!

From Nakas, the greek retailer of line 6, for 289 euro (300 dollars)

Hopefully they're not completely abandoning the modeling....with some better cab sims in there the modeling is on par with much, much more expensive units. 

I've learned not to hold your breath with it comes to ANYTHING regarding Line 6. They will do what they want, when they want, and they will market it like it cures cancers while chasing terrorists. And if they do make an announcement, expect a few weeks of delays.

Yes i agree i use the MIX IR vst or any other convulation plugin i came across and use the non cab in the POD i sometimes also only use the pre-amp version.

Then it is not so bad i think it is close to AXE and Kemper not really in the same leauge but close if you use other cab:s.