Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Importing Snapshots

mamw93

Just got a POD Go a couple days ago. I've combed the literature, forums, and YouTube and can't find an answer. When I'm on the custom tone site getting presets, people say a preset may be a snapshot and have a clean, dirty, solo, and verse preset. I download these and try to import but I only get 1 preset. How do I access the other presets people claim to have included? The files download as a .pgp  file. Thanks for any help!

If snapshots have been created they should be accessible when you download & import the patch.  In Pod Go, press the up/down buttons at the same to access Snapshots to see 1-4, and click on each to hear the snapshot. In Pod Go Edit you can enter each snapshot from there too - just go into the snapshot menu at the top and select 1-4. 

Here's one I posted on Custom Tone - there are 4 snapshots you should be able to access.  This was before the snapshot labelling & colour coding came in with v1.30, so they'll still just show 1-4 :

https://line6.com/customtone/tone/5101684/

There's also a sound bite of these here for reference:

I downloaded the Soldclean SCsnap pgp file you provided. Thank you for that by the way!! I took a blank set of presets and right clicked on the first, let's call it '4a' and clicked 'Import'. Next, I chose your file, and clicked ok. but all I see is a single preset. Not a snapshot of 4 different tones. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

image.png.753ed7d81be87c06a1545643282fd4aa.png

You're mixing up your terms. A preset (or patch) contains up to 4 snapshots in the POD Go.

In the preset list, only one position is occupied. When you select that preset, you can then enter snapshot mode (if you've never used it, it's likely hitting the mode to go from stompbox mode to preset mode and then hitting up+down once to go from preset mode to snapshot mode) to flip through the available snapshots (it'll always show 4, but depends on the preset how many were actually set - on a default preset, all 4 would be the same). 

I did explain how to get into snapshots in both Pod Go and PG Edit!  Not wishing to be unkind but I do get the feeling sometimes that some folk are simply not taking the time to read posts properly and are not investing time to read the Pod Go and PG Edit manuals, which are both well written with good graphics.