Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rename entire Edit-Window (HelixLT1 or HelixLT2)

AMountain

I have 3 devices of which 2 are Helix LTs. When i open HX Edit, two of the three opening windows call the same ("Helix LT"), what's absolutely not helpful (again&again i tweak the wrong LT because both windows look the same and i confuse them).

I did not find out how to change the name of the device, for instance to call the one HelixLT1 and the other HelixLT2.  Does somebody know the trick or is there no way?

2 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

I doubt that's possible... the software simply identifies the type of device(s) that you've connected. I can't imagine why the devs would have allowed that to be edited. 

Well, why - i described at least one cause; ...perhaps i should propose on ideascale to add a number behind the name for the case two identic devices are connected.

4 hours ago, AMountain said:

Well, why - i described at least one cause; ...perhaps i should propose on ideascale to add a number behind the name for the case two identic devices are connected.

That would be the only real possibility for getting this type of feature added.  However, it's also a double edged sword in that there would need to be a pretty broad interest level within the user community for this to actually get changed and I don't see that.  I've operated for several years with two Helix Floor units and never come across any need to use or edit them both simultaneously.  I suspect that's the most common situation you'd come across in the user community.

• Upvote 1

Depending on your screen size, HX Edit does not require the entire screen to be functional. You could split the screen half and half with each editor and make note of which side is which. If you happen to run a dual monitor setup, each instance of editor could live on it's own monitor. 

I need to do this sort of juggling with other software all the time but only have one Helix so it's never been an issue for me in that regard. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AMountain said:

Well, why - i described at least one cause; ...

Yeah, I get that... however, it's a safe bet that the overwhelming majority of users own just one Helix product. And even for those who do have more than one, it seems rather cumbersome to try and edit both simultaneously. So I'll stick with my original assessment...I would not have assumed that such a feature would exist, and it wouldn't surprise me if it never occurred to the guys who wrote the software, either.

• Upvote 1