Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp/HX Edit recording route?

I'm using HX Stomp with HX Edit and running into my DAW.  Manual shows routing for path b goes to USB 3/4. My issue is that I can't get path B in HX Stomp/Edit to drop down as it's own path/output like it shows in the routing picture which I've attached. It stays mixing back in at the end with path A. What am I missing to get it to drop it down? Thanks!

stomp route.JPG

stomp usb route.JPG

On 10/20/2021 at 3:42 PM, jshearer3 said:

I can't get path B in HX Stomp/Edit to drop down as it's own path/output like it shows in the routing picture which I've attached. It stays mixing back in at the end with path A. What am I missing to get it to drop it down?

Drag the Mixer block out of path A down to path B.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:49 PM, jshearer3 said:

I also can't get path B to separate at the beginning either

That seems to be a feature of the double-DSP Helixes.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:49 PM, jshearer3 said:

I worked around that by panning for now.

That's the correct way to do it on HX Stomp. I.e. use the Split Y Balance parameters.

On 10/22/2021 at 2:43 PM, jshearer3 said:

Did I post this in the wrong place? 

Theoretically not. :)

Practically… well, this section doesn't seem to be frequented very often. I think this is the 2nd time in over a year that I, for one, have been here.

Folks usually prefer to post in the corresponding Line6 hardware sections, i.e. in this case line6.com/support/forum/86-helix

Edited by lou-kash

2 hours ago, lou-kash said:

Drag the Mixer block out of path A down to path B.

Thanks for the reply!

That's exactly what it won't let me do.  Every time I try to drag it down it gives me the circle-with-a-line-through-it "Cancel" symbol. It's not really a problem if the stomp can't do that on the front end, but I need to record the B path separately. 

Are you using the latest versions of HX Edit and Stomp firmware – both at version 3.11?

Also, is it on Mac or Windows?

It's no problem on Mac.

Also, perhaps you may want to upload the offending preset that you're trying to set up so that we can check it out.

I don't have either the stomp or the computer with me, but I'm pretty sure they're both running the latest updates since I've only had it for about a month and updated everything when I got it. It's on Windows 10. I can try to upload the preset this evening when I get home.