Jump to content

3.2 hint?


zappazapper
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, theElevators said:

Clean sound + feedback... like an e-bow thing? 

 

 

 

 

Ebow isn't doing any feedback.

 

It's a coil actuator in the ebow, which is just engaging infinite vibration to the played string. Similar to what happens with Sustainer and Sustainiac, in polyphonic mode. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hideout said:

This sentence speaks volumes about your lack of understanding of how the Digitech Feedbacker works and what is possible with it. 

“Volumes and opuses”. Show me the way, oh grand wizard of guitar!

 

I have seen the Andy from Pro Guitar Shop video demonstrating the pedal a few years ago. I watched it and saw no need to get it when it came out. It sounds like a cross between a freeze pedal and a harmonizer. It creates a sample of the last thing you played and transposes it up a couple octaves, and a fifth or whatever. Latching or nonlatching. Except it doesn’t really feedback. It is a trick of a sample and transposition. It doesn’t move with your playing like if you use a whammy bar, notes don’t pop out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, theElevators said:

Clean sound + feedback... like an e-bow thing? 

 

No.... not that. Clean guitars will feed back nicely (and naturally) when into a loud enough amp, and in a very controlled way. Think more like a hollow body into a loud amp. Take the stage volume away and that's a sound that is very hard to come by. 

 

10 hours ago, theElevators said:

I can also invoke the feedback when I am away from my monitor, simply from the PA

 

Sometimes I can do that too, but is very dependent on the volume of the show... and how far you are from the FOH. Often things we cannot control.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theElevators said:

I have seen the Andy from Pro Guitar Shop video demonstrating the pedal a few years ago. I watched it and saw no need to get it when it came out. It sounds like a cross between a freeze pedal and a harmonizer. It creates a sample of the last thing you played and transposes it up a couple octaves, and a fifth or whatever.

 

On that particular pedal you have many options... including "natural". Some of his examples are very synthetic sounding (the clean shimmer stuff) but some were also very natural sounding. 

 

1 hour ago, theElevators said:

Except it doesn’t really feedback.

 

A guitar cannot feedback unless it can hear the sound itself. So yeah, tricks are required on silent stages. That's the point. 

Your method (lots of distortion) just provides sustain, it still requires some volume (even if it is low) to actually feedback.... a feedbacker simulates that with no volume. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here you go, take a look at what I'm doing.  It may work for you.  Like I said, this feedback method works at all volumes surprisingly consistently. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wRcNUNghN9IQ-dNHjDCQfpXJEK53ppIu/view?usp=sharing

 

So, until Line 6 releases this as an effect in the Helix firmware, you can try my method.  There's a snapshot called "feedback", kind of self-explanatory.  Good luck. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, theElevators said:

Here you go, take a look at what I'm doing.  It may work for you.  Like I said, this feedback method works at all volumes surprisingly consistently. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wRcNUNghN9IQ-dNHjDCQfpXJEK53ppIu/view?usp=sharing

 

I appreciate the offering... but TBH it's not even close to what I am wanting. 

It is exactly what I expected it to be... a sustain machine that will feed back at lower volumes. 

  1. Take all volume away and it just sustains, it doesn't feedback... (not with my guitars)
  2. I certainly play with a little grit, but not this type of gain... so applying this to my tone is very unnatural. 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, theElevators said:

“Volumes and opuses”. Show me the way, oh grand wizard of guitar!

 

I have seen the Andy from Pro Guitar Shop video demonstrating the pedal a few years ago. I watched it and saw no need to get it when it came out. It sounds like a cross between a freeze pedal and a harmonizer. It creates a sample of the last thing you played and transposes it up a couple octaves, and a fifth or whatever. Latching or nonlatching. Except it doesn’t really feedback. It is a trick of a sample and transposition. It doesn’t move with your playing like if you use a whammy bar, notes don’t pop out. 

Just because it's not to your liking doesn't mean it shouldn't be anyone else's and that they should be deprived of it just because you don't like it. It would seem that a lot of us don't like to use as much distortion as you do to get feedback and this effect solves a lot of problems for us. As for Andy from Pro Guitar Shop, meh. I'd rather listen to Mike Hermans' (Pop Into The Chemist) gear demos any day of the week. Andy is just too ham fisted for my tastes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2021 at 12:19 PM, silverhead said:

Didn't he also say 'Guitar players can be very picky and sometimes get strung out.'? That's clearly a clue that the next update will include modeling for different pick thickness and strength, as well as string gauge. I'd love to be able to switch immediately, between strums, from a 7mm on light stings to a 15mm on heavy strings!! ;-)

 

Hahaha!!! Imagine that... pick modeling. SHAPE: Triangle, Regular, Teardrop. THICKNESS: 0,5 mm to 3.0 mm.

MATERIAL: Plastic, Acrylic, PVC.

MODE: Regular pick, Thumb-pick, Finger-pick.

TECHNIQUE: Downstrokes, Upstrokes, Alternate, Economy, Sweep, Hybrid.

I'd love a BBE Sonic Maximizer or a SYD String Reviver to maintain the brightness and punch from new strings. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, theElevators said:

Welcome to the Line 6 forum, as$wipe!

 

You seem to be really disrespectful and seriously lacking intelligence by choosing such foul vocabulary. By the way, English is not even my mother tongue, nonetheless I'm pretty sure I can express my ideas in a very polite way and following the rules of engagement created by the Administrator who runs the forum. Moreover, I do believe that many forum readers do not agree with your vulgar way of expressing your short-sighted ideas.

Thus, I'm no longer interested in discussing any other subject with you. You may now have a nice life.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BAmartin said:

 

You seem to be really disrespectful and seriously lacking intelligence by choosing such foul vocabulary. By the way, English is not even my mother tongue, nonetheless I'm pretty sure I can express my ideas in a very polite way and following the rules of engagement created by the Administrator who runs the forum. Moreover, I do believe that many forum readers do not agree with your vulgar way of expressing your short-sighted ideas.

Thus, I'm no longer interested in discussing any other subject with you. You may now have a nice life.

yay!!! go make some crappy music in your bedroom, loser.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, theElevators said:

yay!!! go make some crappy music in your bedroom, loser.  

 

The one's who makes crappy music moaning like a true hoe is your wife everytime I meet her. She is capable of singing in 12 different keys and with a sound pressure level of 130db. I have to use the Melodyne plugin everytime I wanna mix her moaning with my guitar and bass tracks. You know she caused many times my Windows 10 to show the BSOD because my Ryzen 7 CPU can't handle her.

Bye hotdog. Keep on touring... I'll keep on visiting your wife... Hahahaha.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, theElevators said:

yay!!! go make some crappy music in your bedroom, loser.  

Wow, dude. After having heard the “music” in the videos you shared, you really haven’t got any credibility to say anything like that to anyone. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, hideout said:

Wow, dude. After having heard the “music” in the videos you shared, you really haven’t got any credibility to say anything like that to anyone. 

Thanks for the “review” of my music. Great to hear the “feedback” from a bedroom noodler with a humongous ego about music, music that is played on the radio and has millions of views.  Can you say the same about your music?  Go ahead I’ll wait. A bunch of clowns.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, theElevators said:

Thanks for the “review” of my music. Great to hear the “feedback” from a bedroom noodler with a humongous ego about music, music that is played on the radio and has millions of views.  Can you say the same about your music?  Go ahead I’ll wait. A bunch of clowns.  

You don't know anything about me or what I have accomplished. Just because your music has been played on the radio doesn't give you any credibility or right to be that insulting - to anyone! For the record, I wasn't reviewing your music.  I was calling you out on your condescending tone towards others here. But since you bring it up, I'd bet that not many of us here (or the rest of the world) are into what are basically rehashed Eastern European polka style songs with a 70s rock beat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, hideout said:

You don't know anything about me or what I have accomplished. Just because your music has been played on the radio doesn't give you any credibility or right to be that insulting - to anyone! For the record, I wasn't reviewing your music.  I was calling you out on your condescending tone towards others here. But since you bring it up, I'd bet that not many of us here (or the rest of the world) are into what are basically rehashed Eastern European polka style songs with a 70s rock beat.

Your replies speak volumes about your lack of musical abilities. Why don’t you show us your great musical creations. Until then, take the high horse you rode on back to your bedroom and practice. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, theElevators said:

Your replies speak volumes about your lack of musical abilities. Why don’t you show us your great musical creations. Until then, take the high horse you rode on back to your bedroom and practice. 

Thank you.  I needed that laugh! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...