Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix input settings?

Bear706

So, I turn the helix on, and everything appears fine, all the lights and menus display as normal. Plug my guitar in, and when I hit a note, I get a pop, then some static, then after 2 or 3 seconds, the note will play. If I turn the volume down on the guitar, I get sound. It's as if the signal coming in is clipping.  

I've looked at all of the settings, and all of the peripherals' that I can think of. Volume Pedal, expression pedal, unplugged the Line 6 Controller. Switched guitars, cables, everything. it happens through both 1/4" output and XLR out.

Any Ideas 

Version 3.11 

Perform a Factory Reset:

If that doesn't fix it, reinstall the FW. FOLLOW ALL THE DIRECTIONS! Including the seemingly redundant Factory Reset after the install!

If that doesn't get it, time to call support!

Thanks for the Response. 

Ok, so I did everything you mentioned, and it was still doing it. so, I got frustrated, and gave the side of the Rack case a pretty healthy whack... and it fixed the issue.. So.... I'm now thinking that there's something rattling around in there.. or a loose solder joint somewhere, unless you can think of something else that would cause the issue.  

I got the unit in 2018 so.. I think it's got to go to a Service center to get repaired... Dang it!!

Thanks so much for your help...  I got a gig tonight, and wasn't sure what I was going to do. (Take my Twin reverb and pedal board as a back up)