Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The 14 Bass Amps in Helix HX Stomp *No Talking*

Alberto_MDR

Svt brt or Cali 400, cannot decide on ch1 or ch2. Nice sound and playing and song. Did you tweak the amps to taste or is it the standard settings when loading the amps? I'm mostly using busy one myself for my Lakland and two Sandbergs. Might change in the future tho. Thanks for the vid.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ossianott said:

Svt brt or Cali 400, cannot decide on ch1 or ch2. Nice sound and playing and song. Did you tweak the amps to taste or is it the standard settings when loading the amps? I'm mostly using busy one myself for my Lakland and two Sandbergs. Might change in the future tho. Thanks for the vid.

Thank you! Just the standard settings... I just leveled the volumes for each amp in post edit.

This is very useful, great job on the set-up and choice of tracks/tune.Thanks.  I also prefer the Ampegs, always have.

For bass, I  like running a parallel path as a DI for recording. Or, sometimes in Helix I'll run a parallel path with the Sans Amp block or Obsidian block running fairly dirty and then added just a little bit for spice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A well-done audio/video demo worth watching is always welcome :) I particularly like that you can easily see the amp being covered in the YouTube thumbnail, so you can go back and forth easily for an A-B comparison.

To answer your question, I have an emotional attachment to the Ampeg B-15, it was THE bass amp for me for so long. I also like the Woody Blue cab a lot. I do a lot of parallel processing, and Helix even makes stereo bass viable because you can process the highs in stereo, while leaving the bottom centered, in mono. I also use Note Sync quite a bit to tighten the drum and bass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Anderton said:

A well-done audio/video demo worth watching is always welcome :) I particularly like that you can easily see the amp being covered in the YouTube thumbnail, so you can go back and forth easily for an A-B comparison.

To answer your question, I have an emotional attachment to the Ampeg B-15, it was THE bass amp for me for so long. I also like the Woody Blue cab a lot. I do a lot of parallel processing, and Helix even makes stereo bass viable because you can process the highs in stereo, while leaving the bottom centered, in mono. I also use Note Sync quite a bit to tighten the drum and bass.

Thank you all for commenting. Your notes are very interesting! I like woody blue too. The sounds of ampeg are etched in our memory and that is why they are so familiar to us. Everyone can have their place in any case ... I find it very interesting to learn from your opinions!

• Upvote 1