Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Blocks

Lpuckett

This is my first time posting.  Im sure I am asking a redundant question.  I searched and didnt see the answer so Im asking here.  

I want to pick up a stomp as a second unit and want to know if there is enough DSP to run two amp blocks each with its own ML Sounlab IR a delay on one amp and a reverb on another.  The photo is a preset from my Helix LT that I use a lot.  Can I do this with the stomp?

IMG_0615.jpeg

On 11/5/2021 at 2:19 PM, Lpuckett said:

I want to pick up a stomp as a second unit and want to know if there is enough DSP to run two amp blocks each with its own ML Sounlab IR a delay on one amp and a reverb on another.  The photo is a preset from my Helix LT that I use a lot.  Can I do this with the stomp?

This will depend on the amp choices, as well as the type of delay and reverb. What exactly are you using in your current preset? 

Based on your photo, I quickly tested Helix Native in "Stomp" compatibility mode. 

• Since one of your amps was the "L6 Badonk" I used that for both amps. 
  • IR's needed to be 1024.... 2048 was not an option in this configuration (greyed out)
  • Then I added a simple delay and a Hall reverb.... both MONO

With all that added there isn't much "greyed out" for options... which means you should be able to swap out reverbs and delays (even stereo ones) relatively freely but the 2nd amp might be limited to very few.  At least half of the options are greyed out. 

It's gonna stretch it with CPU hungry amps, all comes down to what amps you're using. You can also look at helix DSP allocation on Google to look which amp models requires most CPU. The jazz chorus 120 (don't remember the name in the stomp) is a very lightweight amp with nice cleans imo, elektrik is lightweight cpu and heavy distortion. I don't like badonk personally.