Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 75 firmware question

RyderRhodes

I have owned an Amplifi 75 for years and years and I haven't had any issues that I've seen on this forum. I use it as a Bluetooth boombox basically at parties and I play my guitars on it in the living room when not blasting through my stack in the garage. I use the app to browse and mess with tones and it really is great despite what everybody says. I really feel bad for people who have had issues because I really enjoy it. I have had a good time with it and it's lasted years. But I do have a question if someone would be so inclined to answer it.   Today I bought a second one for my buddy who has been eyeballing mine for years. I brought it home after picking it up and cleaned it up and I looked through the app to see all these firmware updates that I never did even on my own unit. You can see that there were a handful of updates over the years. So my question is.. Do I have to download each one of those updates or will the newest 2.60 (I believe) take care of all of them?

Hi Ryder,

The one firmware update should handle all the updates. Generally for any hardware if an update requires at least a certain version to update further it will tell you or the latest version just may not be available until you update to the latest version you can first.

Remember to back up all your tones before the update and see how you go. 

Good luck!

Riley.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RileyVallance19 said:

Hi Ryder,

The one firmware update should handle all the updates. Generally for any hardware if an update requires at least a certain version to update further it will tell you or the latest version just may not be available until you update to the latest version you can first.

Remember to back up all your tones before the update and see how you go. 

Good luck!

Riley.

Wow I did not actually think someone was going to get back to me this fast that is awesome! I wasn't completely sure what to do but I got impatient and I just updated to the most recent one which you're insisting was the right thing to do anyway. I found the firmware update right on my Amplifi Remote app and downloaded it through Bluetooth right over my ipad. It took about a half hour and afterwards was prompted to factory reset.. I did a factory reset and everything is working fine. I lost my 4 custom presets on the unit but I had them saved on the app and was able to just reload them to the unit. Again super pleased with this amp. I also updated firmware on my friends amplifi the same way. He came to pick it up today and he's been texting me all day about how much fun he's having with it. Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it!

20211107_000505.jpg

Consider yourself lucky, Ryder. This forum is littered with posts from unhappy Amplifi owners whose amps turned to doorstops or boat anchors from failed updates. I bought a used 150  in 2017, and it crashed & burned while trying to update it to the latest firmware. I tried several times under the guidance of Line 6 tech support, who confirmed that everything I had done was 'by the book', yet it still failed. Line 6 fixed it for 'free' after I spent over $100 to have it returned to California -- the only place that could do the repair. And they didn't even bother to let me know what they had done to fix it. I had to ask. The answer: reloaded firmware. Yeah, uh huh.

I'd recommend using this thing for a bedroom toy, and not rely on it as a gigging amp. It will fail at the most inopportune time.