Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects won't change patch via midi correctly

marso

My setup : Computer sends program change to a master footswitcher (Decibel 11- Switch Dr). Then the Switch Dr sends program changes to a HX effects and another unit (TC nova drive).

When I hit a preset on the Switch Dr, everything work perfectly. Hx changes to the right patch. But, if the Switcher receives a program change from the computer, then, everything still react accordingly except the Helix that now switch to the wrong patch.

Now, I had a M13 in my original setup and everything was fine. Once I've upgraded from a M13 to a HX effects, I can't use a computer to change programs.

I did numerous shows with that setup and the only difference is the HX effects.

Any idea?

16 hours ago, marso said:

except the Helix that now switch to the wrong patch

If it's one # off then the switcher might be sending using PC#s 1-128, whereas the HX uses 0-128.

OR, if you're sending different PCs to the HXFX and TC, and they're both on the same MIDI Channel....

I don't have the HXFX, but if you can set MIDI THRU to ON, then you can use a MIDI Monitor to check exactly what's being sent to the HXFX.

That should help with your troubleshooting. Just make sure your DAW (or whatever the computer is sending from) isn't receiving from the HXS or you'll get a MIDI Loop which will likely crash your computer. Not good.