Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshots Acting Quirky

Breeze123

I have noticed that some of snapshots do not keep track of the effects/amp settings separately within a given preset.   (I have "Global Settings-Snapshot Edits" set to "Recall and I have "Snapshot Bypass" checked within the effect/amp.)   

Example:  I use "LA Studio Comp" as an effect in my preset....and if I set the "Gain" to 2 for "Snapshot 1", I will noticed that it's set for 2 for all other Snapshots int he preset (even if I save between switch Snapshots).

Example:  I use "Twin Harmony" in the same preset....and if I change the key or interval between Snapshots, these changes remain in tact.   Hmmm???

Things that I've tried:

- I played with "Snapshot Bypass":  this has no effect (whether checked or not).

- I looked at other presets:   they all seem to behave the same--most settings do not stay intact when I switch between Snapshots.

- I've checked firmware and editor versions:  My Helix (floor model) is at 3.11.0 and my Helix Editor is at 3.11.

- I've started from scratch:   I've taken a "blank" "New Preset" and added an effect;  I then tried to adjust the effect from one Snapshot to another with nothing being recalled.

- I've purchased and imported presets/IR's:    they all seem to behave the same--most settings do not stay intact when I switch between Snapshots. 

Please help....I'm in the middle of a gig and I cannot seem to "keep" the sounds I want between presets.

Am I missing something with "Global Settings"?

Should I do some sort of "resetting" of presets?  (It seems I remember NOT do this after the last firmware/editor upgrade.  Could this be the issue?)

Help,

Ron

1 hour ago, Breeze123 said:

Please help....I'm in the middle of a gig and I cannot seem to "keep" the sounds I want between presets.

Not the best time to try and figure out a Helix :)  

1 hour ago, Breeze123 said:

- I played with "Snapshot Bypass":  this has no effect (whether checked or not).

- I looked at other presets:   they all seem to behave the same--most settings do not stay intact when I switch between Snapshots.

What exactly is your expectation of "Snapshot Bypass"? 

Snapshot bypass only sets whether a blocks ON/OFF state is controlled by snapshots or not. It does not automatically assign all "controls" to snapshots. Controls can only become available to snapshots when they are assigned to do so. 

As for the global snapshot setting of "Recall/Discard".... do you know the difference or are you just pressing buttons and hoping for a certain result?

• "Recall" will only re-load your snapshot to original state when you change presets. If you change settings in that snapshot those settings will be retained while you scroll through other snapshots. 
  • "Discard" will re-load your snapshot to original state every time you call up that snapshot within a preset. (FWIW, this is my preferred choice because there are no surprises)

"Do you have the desired parameters of the FX block(s) assigned to the Snapshot controller? " :

Yes....all of the snapshots are part of the same preset.   (Am I missing something else?)

""Recall" will only re-load your snapshot to original state when you change presets. If you change settings in that snapshot those settings will be retained while you scroll through other snapshots. ":

I have "Global Settings-Snapshot Edits" set to "Recall".....However, this is not happening.   When I change a setting to my "LA Studio Comp" or even with my Amp....the setting will change for every snapshot even though I only want one of the snapshots to have the change.

"Please help....I'm in the middle of a gig and I cannot seem to "keep" the sounds I want between presets.":

I had originally set up all of my snapshots (mostly on/off, but some changes here and there)  they seem to be all set....it's the new changes that I make that are not working across Snapshots within the same preset.

Thanks for trying to help me.    Ron

3 minutes ago, Breeze123 said:

Yes....all of the snapshots are part of the same preset.   (Am I missing something else?)

Any parameters you want to change with snapshots need to be assigned to the Snapshots controller (or any other controller). They aren’t recalled automatically. To assign the parameter to the snapshots controller, push and turn the knob at the same time. You’ll see brackets appear around the parameter.

• Like 1