Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any update on the Apple M1 drivers?

ajseesink

Is there any news on the Line 6 drivers for Apple M1 series? It's been two years now that Apple released the new computers with the M1 chip, but until now no support from Line 6. An Ear deafening silence. I'm a bit afraid I need to sell my HD500X and use effects software with my DAW software.

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent a message last week to support and got the following answer :(

I've given up all hope on drivers for the POD HD500X

Hi
all available information concerning macOS11/12 and M1 hardware can be found in our FAQ :
https://line6.com/support/announcement/104-apple-m1-macos-11-and-12-compatibility-with-line-6-software/
https://line6.com/support/page/kb/general-faq/apple-silicon-m1-chip-compatibility-r985/

there's no additional information yet available
Best regards
Ampeg/Line 6 Support Europe

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a new M1 Macbook, and am encountering the same issue. My HD500X shows up as a USB device but cannot be detected by HD500X Edit and is not visible as an audio device in my DAW. Half the reason I got this device was so I could connect via USB to my computer, very disappointing that we get nothing, not even a timeline, on when this support will happen.

Been using Line6 products since the original POD, very sad to see the lack of support here. Without workaround, I will have to consider other companies and products.

1 hour ago, megashadowzx said:

Just got a new M1 Macbook, and am encountering the same issue. My HD500X shows up as a USB device but cannot be detected by HD500X Edit and is not visible as an audio device in my DAW. Half the reason I got this device was so I could connect via USB to my computer, very disappointing that we get nothing, not even a timeline, on when this support will happen.

Been using Line6 products since the original POD, very sad to see the lack of support here. Without workaround, I will have to consider other companies and products.

Yea, UAD's 10 year old devices aren't working with M1 either....Good luck to you.

• 5 months later...