Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt25 With Podhd500x Via L6 Link Question: Pod Amp Cabs?

GazzaBloom

Hi,

I have linked up my PODHD500X to my DT25 via L6 Link and set the output to Combo Pwr Amp and use the Pre- amp model but what I didn't expect was the amp cabinet models to still affect the tone. I can set "no cab" or any other cabs and the tone changes, I though that using the Pre models via L6 Link would defeat the cabs...am I doing something wrong?

Gazza 

There is more going on with the cabs than you realize.  My understanding is that using the pr-amp on the DT25/HD500 setup allows for the DT25 amp to handle the power section (thus the tubes).  So, you are not doing anything wrong.  It is suggested that you not disable cabs.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

If you want your DT to sound like a Marshal stack then you you have to model the input from the cab to get the sound you are looking for, otherwise it would be a JCM800 through a 1x12 cab!! 

Line 6 has been smart in allowing us to add the effect of cab/mic selection to our tones, I think this is why they have a custom speakerin their DT25 combo which offers a fairly neutral response.  Best way is not to think of cab.mic solection not in the physical sense but to listern to the impact they have on your tone. 

TONE RULE No.1 - WHAT SOUNDS RIGHT, IS RIGHT!