Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Favourite ML Sound Labs packs for metal?

ChaserHUN

Hey!

Got my Helix a few days ago. Don't like really the stock cabs, but IRs, wow. Makes a really huge differrence!

One of my friends sent me a mega over sized cab pack and freeman cab pack from ml sound labs.
I was always more a V30 guy using real cabs.
The mesa cab pack sounds good but honestly not that big of a fan of the mesa sound. I really like the freeman cab pack with the V30 sounds. Sounds like a marshall cab has a nice midrange chunk, but still not totally what I am looking for. In the POD HD I used the Bogner cab with dynamic 409 mic, but to me the same cab and mic sounds worse in Helix. 
I am looking for a cab pack that has a really nice midrange chunk and is more "open" sounding, you know having nice headroom. something like the tone on Slipknot Vol 3.
I am thinking of getting one or two of theese:
BGRN cab pack
Boaner cab pack
Zilla cab pac

ORGN cab pack

Wich one would you recommend?

Not strictly on topic but Gods Cab from wilkinson audio is free so nothing to loose trying it out. 421 mic comes to mind when listening to slipknot vol.3. I only have one ML soundlabs IR named "ML Sound Lab's BEST IR IN THE WORLD" which was free from one of their youtube vids a time ago, it's nice but a little dark.

Ir can be found here: