Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hotone Soul Press II

richbark67

I just got a Hotone Soul Press II.  Volume and WAH are amazing.  I want to run it as WAH in ON position and Expression in off position.  It seems to only work as an expression pedal if I am on a preset  that utilizes an expression pedal AND i unplug it and re-plug it into EXP 1/2.  Works great then, until I switch presets.  Then I have to unplug and re-plug again.  Any suggestions? 

Quick addendum:  I started out using a TS cable and the EXP Sweep was  0 - 100 - 0, with 100 at about the half depressed point.  I switched to a TRS and the sweep is now 0 - 100, as expected, with 100 in full depressed state.  The Pedal is more consistently recognized with the TS cable than with the TRS cable.  I will keep playing with it until I figure it out.

• 2 months later...

Yes, it works as WAH when "ON" and Expression when "OFF". As you may know, there are two WAH settings - classic and warm - both of which can be adjusted via the sweep knob.  I have mine set on classic and I think it sounds pretty good.  I am comparing it to a Dunlop CryBaby Mini.

• 1 year later...