Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Command centre switch options

Paulzx

Just trying to get more into the command centre features and thought I would like to customise my foot switch layout by combining some snaps and stomps amongst the 8 foot switches I have available.

I don't want the 4 snaps / 4 stomp setup, I want to put a different mix of blocks or effects on some switches then five or six snaps on the other foot switches but using the 8 foot switch mode.

I don't think you can do this because command centre only let's you assign snaps or presets to each foot switch I think.. not actual effect blocks?

What you’re wanting to do is exactly what those commands are for. The commands are assigned to switches in Stomp Mode, so, yeah, you can have some switches assigned to blocks, some assigned to snapshots and some assigned to presets.

• Upvote 1

Fwiw, one of my wishes would be to have a dedicated "Control Center" view mode in addition to the various stomp/snap/preset view modes. I'm constantly running out of switches in stomp mode (I like to assign most things to switches as I can then quickly select them), so "wasting" some of the switches for, say, snapshots, is - well - a waste.
Alternatively, give me multiple pages in stomp mode that one could cycle through. With something like that, I could have one main page for performance duties and another one for quick adjustments.

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2021 at 12:48 AM, phil_m said:

What you’re wanting to do is exactly what those commands are for. The commands are assigned to switches in Stomp Mode, so, yeah, you can have some switches assigned to blocks, some assigned to snapshots and some assigned to presets.

Thanks for confirming Phil..

On 11/18/2021 at 3:05 AM, zappazapper said:

Like @phil_m said, you have to be in Stomp Mode. You set your Bypass and Controller Assign switches the way you always do, but if you want a Snapshot or a Preset assigned to a switch, you use Command Center.

Ah okay maybe that's where I was going wrong, I need to be in stomp mode. I didn't see an option to assign a block, only a preset or snapshot

On 11/18/2021 at 7:12 AM, SaschaFranck said:

Fwiw, one of my wishes would be to have a dedicated "Control Center" view mode in addition to the various stomp/snap/preset view modes. I'm constantly running out of switches in stomp mode (I like to assign most things to switches as I can then quickly select them), so "wasting" some of the switches for, say, snapshots, is - well - a waste.
Alternatively, give me multiple pages in stomp mode that one could cycle through. With something like that, I could have one main page for performance duties and another one for quick adjustments.

Agreed.. that would be useful

2 hours ago, Paulzx said:

Ah okay maybe that's where I was going wrong, I need to be in stomp mode. I didn't see an option to assign a block, only a preset or snapshot

For me, maybe there is a better way....But when I'm in 10 stomp layout....I build my switch layout (preset previous/next buttons, and any snapshots I need for the song I'm doing, and also any actual stomp buttons.  The stomp buttons though...I assign not in command center....but on the block parameter page itself.  I forget the name of the tab, but there is the parameter page, and then one where you can assign controllers/bypass stuff.....I do it there.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2021 at 3:53 PM, themetallikid said:

For me, maybe there is a better way....But when I'm in 10 stomp layout....I build my switch layout (preset previous/next buttons, and any snapshots I need for the song I'm doing, and also any actual stomp buttons.  The stomp buttons though...I assign not in command center....but on the block parameter page itself.  I forget the name of the tab, but there is the parameter page, and then one where you can assign controllers/bypass stuff.....I do it there.  

Yep know what you mean, just assign the blocks you want to foot switches in the normal way, go in to stomp mode then use command centre to move the

snap shots around. The only weird thing that did happen was that on the upper row of foot switches, the first three snap shots are okay but that last switch

just has a chorus on it - the chorus won't switch on, I have to hold the switch down to turn it on, then it goes off again after you take your foot off. None of the other

switches do that.

I know in command centre there was an option to change switch behaviour, but you can't access those options when there's only a block on the switch, I think it

only works if there's a preset or snapshot on there. Strange though because i've never had any of my footswitches set to hold down

29 minutes ago, Paulzx said:

Yep know what you mean, just assign the blocks you want to foot switches in the normal way, go in to stomp mode then use command centre to move the

snap shots around. The only weird thing that did happen was that on the upper row of foot switches, the first three snap shots are okay but that last switch

just has a chorus on it - the chorus won't switch on, I have to hold the switch down to turn it on, then it goes off again after you take your foot off. None of the other

switches do that.

I know in command centre there was an option to change switch behaviour, but you can't access those options when there's only a block on the switch, I think it

only works if there's a preset or snapshot on there. Strange though because i've never had any of my footswitches set to hold down

You have the Momentary option selected for the footswitch with the chorus assigned to it. That’s found on the Bypass Assign page. Set it to Latching, and it will act like a typical stomp switch.

• Like 1