Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controling the gain-blocks of 2parallel Helixes with the EXP-pedal of one of them

AMountain

51 minutes ago, datacommando said:

a Helix Floor, an LT and a HXFX

Unless I misunderstood, it's a Floor, 2 LTs and an HXFX. A BOLD vision!

54 minutes ago, datacommando said:

May be brother “AMountain” could clarify exactly what he needs via Google Translate.

It's possible that Google Translate is part of the problem!

• Haha 1

7Wahs; LOL: You're right for "user-presets", but (and i said it SEVERAL times - you did not read well -) it does make sense if one wants to learn the differences between the different WAHs.

I mean: Do we something different when we load a preset with 10 dist-pedals? We'll (supposedly) never switch them on all ten at the same time. We try to explore the ten pedals, find the 4 we like, and load the next six that we do not know for to learn them.

I mean, we buy a 1500$-unit with 200 FX pedals for to find new pedals that we did hitherto not know and that we have to explore before to find our ten choosen ones and make the final fx-preset or presets that we will use at the end ---- in that quest, is it ok to have a preset with ten dist-pedals? Or ten reverbs/ pitchs/ filters/ WAHs?

You may be pros and know 1000 pedals and amps, but many people that right now buy a Helix know perhaps only 3 pedals and 2 amps, and these 5 may even not be in the Helix.

What shall they more intelligently do than to work through all 200 pedals and 80 amps? And how shall they do that? Right. Loading them up and making test-presets that you ole pros call silly. Perhaps you are AI and could get the information via USB-connection, our human kind has to learn the things step by step. 

Please all of you: -> page 1 of this thread here, STRG+F: test-preset.

You see?

You did not read well, ...or your mind was somewhere else while reading. OBVIOUSLY.

Shall i now
make a Kindergarden-comment like you all, and say
that your mind-power and concentration-capacity is obviously somewhat inconstant and faible and that you supposedly eat wrong food, e.g. not enough phosphor-, or lecithin-containing food???

The 4 WAH-preset in the HXFXs was a test-preset for to explore the differences of the WAHs and i had said that.

The 7 Wahs then later in the Floor preset, i had only made for to see if the MIDI-bug is DSP-depending (and i had said that too, explicitly): The Floor shall have double as much DSP than the HXFXs, so when the HXFXs starts to make this bug with 3-4 WAHs, the Floor should show this same effect with 6-8 WAHs. And correct, this was the case. I went even to make a third conter-check by loading this preset in the LT and driving the WAH-parameters by the 2nd LT's EXP-pedal: The same effect of disfunction.

What makes me conclude this is not a bug but a technical limit. And don't tell me all four units would be broken, this is quasi improbable, the more that one of them is brandnew and the other quasi brandnew (has two months).

Then, dear Kindergarden-brothers here:

Have i said somewhere that i made some chain consisting of two LTs, a Floor and a HXFXs?

Have i?

Did i?

*glacial*: No, i did not.

That is another of your projections that you do (and which i already mentioned) !!!!

I have the Floor in front of my Marshall(s). And admittedly too as reserve-unit for the case something fails with one of the LTs. Is that ok to you? Am i not longer a fool or crazy dumbhead or digital idiot?

Really, stop your Kindergarden-mindset, it's ashaming.

Please: R-E-A-D (instead of to project). We should all have learned that in the school.

And perhaps, for to go down to your level of "con-versation" (which i would rather call a dis-cussion-mode): I do not know how young you are, but when you're older than 40, 45, then this is not more normal (youth is clearly ended). Then learn ZENmeditations and/or go to the psychotherapist for to resolve your obviously and clearly existing projecting mindset (normal for youth, not more normal for adults). It's resolvable (and co-incidentally my profession). And if you take projection-mechanism enforcing drugs like alcohol or cocaine, then you already see my next advice in that matter.

Ok, enough Kindergarden-monologue-clashing (that you call con-versation).

I have meanwhile contact with the line6-service, and since i meanwhile with your help have elaborated what's bug and what's technical limit, i could tell them the problematic much more short. For to separate that from my "ending the Kindergarden-level here"-post, i'll post it in the next comment, specially for Datacommando who asked me to do so.
Give me some hours or so for i have first some stuff to do (not that my life consists only of Line6, or even only music). But tonight, i'll post it.

--------

created without translator

2 hours ago, AMountain said:

created without translator  

Created with translator.

Ich weiß nicht, wie jung du bist, aber wenn du älter als 40, 45 bist, dann ist das nicht mehr normal (Jugend ist eindeutig beendet).“

Wirklich?

Nun, junger Mann - versuchen Sie es mit über 60 und eher mit 70, und Sie sind viel technikbewusster, als Sie sich in diesem Thread zu präsentieren scheinen. Ich benutze MIDI seit den Anfängen in den 80er Jahren. Ich hatte ein Roland JX3P - das erste MIDI-Keyboard.

Warum verstehst du die einfachsten Konzepte nicht?

Es scheint, dass Sie den Sprung ins digitale Zeitalter geschafft haben, ohne zu wissen, wie das alles funktioniert.

Bisher, “rd2rk” hat viele vergebliche Stunden damit verbracht, deine verrückten Konzepte zu unterstützen, die du nicht begreifst, und jetzt entscheidest du dich, ihn und andere Forumsbenutzer zu beleidigen?

Ist es wirklich so komplex?

Wenn ja, suchen Sie ein 12-jähriges Kind (Kindergartenbruder), das diese Technik versteht, und lassen Sie es Ihnen erklären.

Du hast wirklich eine schlechte Einstellung, Bruder, und das muss neu eingestellt werden.

Hoffe das hilft - macht Sinn.

English:

I do not know how young you are, but when you're older than 40, 45, then this is not more normal (youth is clearly ended).”

Really? 

Well, young man - try over 60 an nearer 70, and far more technologically aware than you seem to present yourself in this thread. I have been using MIDI since the early days back in the 80’s. I had a Roland JX3P - the first MIDI keyboard.

Why do you fail to comprehend the most simple concepts?

It seems that you have made the jump into the digital age with no idea of how it all works. 

So far, “rd2rk” has spent many futile hours trying to assist your mad concepts, that you fail to comprehend, and now you choose to insult him and other forum users?

It it really so complex? 

If so, find a 12 year old kid (kindergarten brother) who understands this tech and have them explain it to you.

You really do have a bad attitude brother, and it needs readjustment.

Hope this helps - makes sense.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AMountain said:

Have i said somewhere that i made some chain consisting of two LTs, a Floor and a HXFXs?

Have i?

Did i?

*glacial*: No, i did not.

But you did, kind of:

" i admit to have forgotten to mention that it is not the only cause why i use two Helix-units parallely, the other cause is that i can create this way far more sophisticated presets."

It was entirely logical to assume from your further posts that your ultimate intent was to incorporate all four devices. When I joked about "The World's Largest Digital Pedalboard" you attempted to insult me by your (VERY insulting) crack about Americans, not even considering that my equipment might be in more than one location.

Bottom line - I tried VERY hard to help you. The language barrier has no doubt been a hindrance to both of us. It has, perhaps, prevented you from seeing the humor that I've attempted to inject into what has, at times, been a contentious dialog. Anyway, I think it would be best if we all took a deep breath and let it go.

I SERIOUSLY wish you the best of Luck with your project. 

3 hours ago, datacommando said:

I do not know how young you are, but when you're older than 40, 45, then this is not more normal (youth is clearly ended).”

Really? 

Well, young man - try over 60 an nearer 70, and far more technologically aware than you seem to present yourself in this thread. I have been using MIDI since the early days back in the 80’s. I had a Roland JX3P - the first MIDI keyboard.

Why do you fail to comprehend the most simple concepts?

It seems that you have made the jump into the digital age with no idea of how it all works. 

Please Datacomando, don't start you too to project your life on me. In the 80's, i did many things, but i did not play myself an instrument. I started to play guitar around 2000, and then between 2005 and 2017, i had again stopped to play guitar for professional reasons. And i stopped again 2020 to 2021 because of health-reasons (Covid, the heaviest form). And all i ever owned in that matter have been guitars and guitar-amps. Even not a mike for to record myself with a tapedeck.

Is that a defect???

I did not know that MIDI belongs to the essential knowledges of a human. I learn daily something new...

3 hours ago, datacommando said:

So far, “rd2rk” has spent many futile hours trying to assist your mad concepts, that you fail to comprehend, and now you choose to insult him and other forum users?

It it really so complex? 

My mad concepts? I repeat, and insist really intensively: Stop to project. There is no mad concept. Or is it a mad concept to put a HXFXs in front of a big Helix?

Go look the videos of Richie Castellano. There's at least one where he interconnects several Helix-units (if there are several videos, i do not know, i did not look all Helix-videos from him, nor all of Jason Sadites and many others - i would still be occupied with looking videos instead of to play guitar -).

Instead of to project, or repeat what rd2rk says, or to defend him (but that is truly romantic, i understand), read tranquilly and concentratedly what i wrote if you want to understand. Or stay out of this thread please, it is not helpful to intervene here if you do not read anything that contains MY description of MY problem. I do not believe rd2rk needs an advocat, less one that is not willing to read any detail of the case.

Ok, so far for that. And we are still in the Kindergarden-monologue-battle that runs totally beside my problem i have with the defective HXFXs. For to return to it, as already promised in my last post, i will copy & paste here that what i wrote now to the line6 service, as said in my last post, it is now much shorter, because i could elaborate with the help of the people here that what is bug, and that what is technical limit.

But i will do that in an own post, for to separate it from this OT-thingy here.  

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

(edit: after quoting me with: " Have i said somewhere that i made some chain consisting of two LTs, a Floor and a HXFXs? ")

But you did, kind of:

" i admit to have forgotten to mention that it is not the only cause why i use two Helix-units parallely, the other cause is that i can create this way far more sophisticated presets."

Two. Not 4.

One could also make two parallel LTs for to able to use preset-spillover.

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

It was entirely logical to assume from your further posts that your ultimate intent was to incorporate all four devices.

No, that wasn't logical. It was a limited logic that you projected out of your limited horizon. We all have limited horizons. Only that most forget that much too rapidly and often.

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

When I joked about "The World's Largest Digital Pedalboard" you attempted to insult me by your (VERY insulting) crack about Americans, not even considering that my equipment might be in more than one location.

And when i made my alledgedly very insulting crack about Americans (please: US-Americans, did not talk about Canadians, nor about South-Americans; edit: nor about original, or native americans), it was in the same consciousness (that YOU are not considering that my equipment might be too in more than one location). Only that i had this consciousness before you even only learned from me that i have a Floor too; detail that i do only mention in the course of the thread (which stretches over several days); ...it was when i then tested if my HXFXs is broken or if this phenomenon is a technical-limit-issue and had thus pasted my HXFXs-WAH-test-preset to the Floor.  Did not want to use my LTs for that for not to have to start to deconnected and reconnect and erase and reload. The Floor has only four presets and is in front of my Marshalls, it was more easy to disconnect him and make this test with him (line 6 says the helix is masculine). 

I was already aware that you do not read well when you asked me to upgrade my HXFXs to 3.11 (9th of december). I had already mentioned that the 6th december (that it is upgraded to 3.11.)

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

It has, perhaps, prevented you from seeing the humor that I've attempted to inject into what has, at times, been a contentious dialog.

Correct. And i showed much humour continuing to try to explain you the problems i have although that i knew that you were not reading correctly. But i admit, it was too due to the simple necessity that i had to resolve these problems.

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Bottom line - I tried VERY hard to help you. The language barrier has no doubt been a hindrance to both of us. It has, perhaps, prevented you from seeing the humor that I've attempted to inject into what has, at times, been a contentious dialog. Anyway, I think it would be best if we all took a deep breath and let it go.

Here i agree fully.

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

I SERIOUSLY wish you the best of Luck with your project.

Which project??? What do you again project? Is to put a HXFXs in front of a big Helix a project???

Man, man, man. Go look this video on You-tube from Richie Castellani (i hope i write his name well) where he connects several Helixes via the FX-loops. And say that what you say to me here to him. And tell me then the answer he gave to you.

Edited by AMountain
edited: add the quote from me of rd2rk in my allfirst quote of rd2rk

On 12/9/2021 at 6:18 PM, datacommando said:

May be brother “AMountain” could clarify exactly what he needs v

Here how i described it yesterday to the line6-service

I have two LTs and a Floor (and a Powercab), so i am used to the Helixes. All units have FW 3.11.

Bought then 2 weeks ago the HXFXs. Upgraded the FW the first day, it was then too 3.11. Later then, in my trial to resolve the problems, i did a factory reset, but still the bugs and strange behaviors are there.

1. problem: Usually, for to create our presets, we do that via HX-Edit (not directly in the unit). With the HXFXs, i must do it in the unit, because not all blocks load via HX-Edit, nor any ready made presets. Specially no WAH does, the scribblestrips and LED-rings stay then dark. I have not tried all 200 FX-blocks, but not one WAH loads (and i wanted the HXFXs specially for that application).

In my quest, i went then in the Line6-forum, and "uberguru" rd2rk made then a mattering preset for me and passed me the file, but too his file did not load, all scribblestrips remained empty, no LED-ring lightened. But: When i went then in global settings -> signal flow, they were there. However, in the normal preset-view, all scribblestrips and LED-rings remained dark. When then in HX Edit i click in the menu Save File, appears "timeout code 8212". Then rd2rk asked i make a factory-reset, but that changed nothing.

2.problem: The 2nd. prob is a MIDI-prob, and i am not sure if it's a bug, or simply a techncl. limit.

As already said, the HXFXs shall specially be for WAH-presets with the WAH at the begin of a block-chain, but i still got not the extrnl. EXP-pedal i ordered (Amazon). Since i have the Floor with its inbuild EXP-pedal, i decided to drive the WAHs in the HXFXs with the Floor's EXP1 via MIDI-cable (->command center, MIDIbase ch.1, CC#1, 0-127). What functioned perfectly with presets with 1 WAH (and e.g. 1EQ plus 4 dist-blocks). 

But for to compare the diff. WAHs, i had made a preset with 4 WAHs (had to make it with the HX-Effects-unit, not with HX-Edit - see problem# 1) and only 2 dist-blocks. One time made, i had to switch off & on the unit in order to make appear the mattering preset in HX-Edit and to be able to tweak the parameters there. I assigned not only the "position"-parameter to EXP1, but to the level-parameter (reverse values, in order it's some more silent when high and somewhat louder when in the bass-spectre).
In global setting->MIDI-Tempo, anything in both units was set to off apart of the first parameter set to MIDIch1. Functioned. Position and level were moving. I did then not pay more attention in that moment to the screen, but started to play guitar. After 5min., the HXFXs froze. The guitarsignal still passed, but since i had the bypass on true bypass, i did not wonder about that. So i switched the unit off and again on, and it functioned again. Some 15 min. later, it froze again. Because it was late, i went to bed. The next day, i switched all on, played 45 min., no freeze. Third day: Freeze after 15 min. Sometimes it froze in few minutes, sometimes it did not freeze in 45 min (longer i do not play because i have longcovid since a year and heavy energy-problems). In the course of the quest, i sat then at HX-Edit and looked at the WAH-parameters while moving the EXP-pedal fr. the Floor, and i discovered then that the parameters were not moving correspondingly to the pedal-movement in all 4 WAHS: Instead of to sweep regularly from the left to the right, they tumbled in 2 of the 4 WAHs in the middle (inbetween the extreme values of the setting), like if drunken. Too it did not move fluidly, but stuttered, reacted later than the pedal-movement.

First i thought, the pedal of the Floor may be defect and changed the Floor for the LT. No success. For to exclude a cable-defect, i took another MIDI-cable: No success.

I got then the idea to erase the EXP1-assignments from the level-parameter of all 4 WAHs. After, it functioned at first view well, position was (at first impression) moving fully with all 4 WAHs ---- if i would have looked more attentive & longer, i would have seen that with two WAHs, it still did not perfectly function. However, i did not, but instead restarted to play guitar and the next 4 days, the HXFXs did not more freeze (!). Then i discovered that the position of two WAHs was stuttering and hanging sometimes.

Then i copied&pasted this preset fr. the HXFXs into the Floor and connected this one with the MIDI-cable to the LT with the pedal, and there it functioned. I thought: The Floor has double DSP (relative to the HXFXs), add more WAHs: With 6 Wahs it started to do the same effect like the HXFXs, with 7 WAHs it was clearly visible that the parameters do not more obey the pedal, but hang, jump suddenly, and do not more reach the extreme, outer sides. So, Floor und HXFXs do the same, only the Floor needs double as much assignments for to start that behavior. That was the moment when i thought: That is perhaps not a bug, but simply a type of technical limit (of the RAM, or the DSP - perhaps the DSP contains the RAM -). I'm a technical ignorant in that matter (computer-electronics), but i would say that the DSP has a limit of assignments that one can make with an expression-pedal via MIDI, which is 3-4 assignments with the HXFXs and 6-8 with the Floor.

Then i tried what the 7 WAHs in the Floor make when i use its own onboard-pedal. Perfect, no mis-function. I could add 9 WAHs, with two EXP1-assigments per WAH-block, and no problem ---- still i have not the external EXP-pedal i ordered, but this made me suppose that with a real external EXP-pedal, the HXFXs will function correctly with 4 WAHs (and 2 EXP1-assignments per block) like the Floor with its inbuild one. Only via MIDI, there is a strange limit. And it's one that can make your unit freeze.

So, resume: I do see this 2nd problem not more as bug or defect, but as technical limit (but i may be wrong) ---- that i cannot load WAHs via HX-Edit into the HXFXs, and that 'ready-made' presets (at least when they contain WAH-blocks) absolutely do not load, this seems to be a real defect or bug.

As last technical (beside-)information: I have all my music-stuff in an own electrical circuit that i let make exactly for that as allfirst circuit of the house [so before fridge and anything else, for to avoid their influences in the sound]: It has new wires (now 2 1/2 years old) with ground, a flash-fuse in front of the (own) 30A-mainfuse, then UPS, 2 AVRs, and at the end a Furman conditioner (Furman PL Plus DMC) to which all my Line6-stuff and other pedals are connected. Not one lamp is connected to this circuit, it's purely for the instrument-stuff!

[...]

So, this is still future, we have ten days for to resolve the problem -- perhaps the one is a bug we can resolve (that i can not load correctly presets into the unit via HX-Edit), and the other (that with MIDI and the max-assignments to the EXP-pedal, the disfunction then, and the then happening freezes) may simply be a technical limit (but i would beg you to approve me that). 

Thanks in advance for your help

19 minutes ago, AMountain said:

And when i made my alledgedly very insulting crack about Americans (please: US-Americans, did not talk about Canadians, nor about South-Americans; edit: nor about original, or native americans), it was in the same consciousness (that YOU are not considering that my equipment might be too in more than one location).

So, you only intended to insult non-native U.S. Americans (that's 97.9%)? That makes it OK?!?

Allegedly implies that there's a question. There's no question. I was insulted. 

And now you insult the other 2.1% by not including them as Americans.

While some North American Indigenous People (the proper [PC] term) might wish they weren't, many are proud to be U.S Citizens, despite what the fourth estate might have you believe.

The context of your insult is irrelevant, but how, pray tell, do you connect multiple devices when they're NOT in one location?

While I have had great difficulty following your many adventures in this digital wonderland (that's humor, we all live in the digital wonderland), I got the definite impression that you had them all connected, one way or another, in some combination, at one time or another.

It's possible that you got a defective HXFX. All I can say is that none of the problems you're having with the device are problems that I have been able to duplicate on my HXS, which, in terms of DSP and MIDI, is the same device. You should return it. BUT, if you have the same problems with the replacement, you need to consider user error as a factor.

31 minutes ago, AMountain said:

Which project??? What do you again project?

You seem to be confusing the NOUN project with the VERB "to project". 

No matter. I wish you the best of luck doing whatever it is you want to do.

Seriously.

As for Richie Castellano, I'm sure he'll be happy to help. Just ask him. Let us know what he says.

7 hours ago, rd2rk said:

So, you only intended to insult non-native U.S. Americans (that's 97.9%)? That makes it OK?!?

Allegedly implies that there's a question. There's no question. I was insulted. 

And now you insult the other 2.1% by not including them as Americans.

While some North American Indigenous People (the proper [PC] term) might wish they weren't, many are proud to be U.S Citizens, despite what the fourth estate might have you believe.

The context of your insult is irrelevant, but how, pray tell, do you connect multiple devices when they're NOT in one location?

While I have had great difficulty following your many adventures in this digital wonderland (that's humor, we all live in the digital wonderland), I got the definite impression that you had them all connected, one way or another, in some combination, at one time or another.

It's possible that you got a defective HXFX. All I can say is that none of the problems you're having with the device are problems that I have been able to duplicate on my HXS, which, in terms of DSP and MIDI, is the same device. You should return it. BUT, if you have the same problems with the replacement, you need to consider user error as a factor.

"Which project??? What do you again project?"

You seem to be confusing the NOUN project with the VERB "to project". 

No matter. I wish you the best of luck doing whatever it is you want to do.

Seriously.

As for Richie Castellano, I'm sure he'll be happy to help. Just ask him. Let us know what he says.

You do not quote completely what i said. This is inapropriate. You had made, after three or five or seven (have not count them) ironic / cynic / sardonic comments on your imagination of what i do with 4 units - what absolutely never was a topic of this thread, but OT - a next time such a comment, " I SERIOUSLY wish you the best of Luck with your project. " Since we already were talking on that topic, i answered, "Which project??? What do you again project? Is to put a HXFXs in front of a big Helix a project??? "

Really, the escalation is not from my side. I try to tell you that it is not of importance in matter of my problems what i do with 4 Helix-units, where they stand, to what they are connected, etc.pp. And you continue and continue and continue.  Next one, "how, pray tell, do you connect multiple devices when they're NOT in one location?"

Really, take a breath, that topic is OT and has nothing to do with the problems for which i created this thread. And ask yourself why your imagination is so fixated on that idea, insteadd of to continue here with it.

I admit, and i had already mentioned this, that i would better have opened another thread when i entered then (when we had come to the end of the first problem) a second problem - and with it the HXFXs - that just in that moment had appeared and admittedly not stood in relation with the first problem. But i had mentioned that (that i had encountered a new problem). I regret meanwhile sincerly that i had not opened with this second problem another thread -- would have saved us many OT-posts here that completely annoy and disturb and fatigue a new reader, from which i could get the helping answer.

Btw, a new reader: In my last post, i described the technical problems i have (the topic of this thread) by only copying&pasting the letter how i  described it yesterday to the line6-service. With that, so far, it is paused, because in contrary to rd2rk, these people from the Line 6-service know that in the Helixes from Line 6,  MIDI CC#1 is general channel and foreseen for to simulate a EXP1-pedal. He uses CC#19 and that's totally ok, a non-general assignment, whyever one should do that, but he insisted that my solution is not possible and that he can't imagine how that functions and that i must do like him. What i then silently did, i changed my command-center setting to CC#19. Without to mention it. Until now.

Topic Castellano: 1. In what shall i ask him to help me? To connect a HXFXs to a big Helix??? ...I even did not ask you or anybody else how to do that. 

2. It's you that shall say to Castellano & his multi-Helix-unit-rigs exactly the same than you said to me & the multi-Helix-rig that you imagine i have. And then you shall tell me what he answered you.

I know you will not do that, even if he would now enter in your room. Much more than, "Is it true that you made a multi-Helix-unit-rig?" you will not ask. If at all. 

Ok, and on national characteristics. They exist. Already language and local costumes cause that. And thus, typically human [a bad side of the human, and sometimes, although that i try to work at myself and not to do that, also i do fall back in that behavour, i beg sincerly for pardon, that is a not good behaviour and i try to learn not more to fall back into it), every nation also has a jealous look at the characters and characterics of other nations. That thingy lives from the act of differenciation. And thus alas, mostly is focussed then on the as bad valued characteristics. The USA have certain reputations that you will hear everywhere. Not if you are yourself US-American, of course, humans are polite, and diplomatic, specially with US-Americans, because US-Americans, says another reputation that you will here everywhere, are the strongest. And it's not intelligent to say to the strongest anything that one thinks on him.

So, for to roll back this OT, but it is on a provoked soul and that is not satisfied that rapidly:

You Had said, "[...]DO NOT restore ANYTHING from your failed "LARGEST DIGITAL PEDALBOARD IN THE WORLD" project. Start over. 4) Remember K.I.S.S.[...]" Yeah, another of this sardonic or ironic or smug comments in that what you imagine if what i make with 4 units. I recommend to the "new reader" to leave the thread here, somewhen around christmas i should get my new external pedal, and then i will post if that can via Y-cable drive a certain parameter in two Helixes synchroneously WITHOUT that the actual pedal-position is ignored when one changes a preset for one that contains the same block with the same assignment. And when i get the answer from the line6-service, i will post that too. But this supposedly can take two or three or (please not) nore days. :) Do simply jump any post until 13 december.  If you like psychodramas and clashing wannabe-alpha-egos, then you can continue to read here ;)

Then later (we are a the point when rd2rk offensed me again with his not-ending craving imaginations of a "largest digital pedal of the world" and his sardonic K.I.S.S-comment), reading your post a 2nd and 3rd time (what i always do, even in German, for to really understand what the other has said there, or meant there, or for to discover a word or an entire paragraph that i have not well read the time(s) before), i saw that you had mentioned to own an equipment from which i would be happy to own only the half of it. And then in me something started to feel insulted and my ego to be provoked and for a moment, i had it not under control, and when one slips one time in in such a damned egowave, it's hard to stop and to leave it. Mea culpa. I said then "Quod licet jovi non licet bovi", a famous quote from Jules Cesar, meaning that even if all men are equal, Jules Cesar is more equal. Meaning that what is allowed to Jules Cesar is not allowed to the simple man. What is valid for the simple man is not valid for Jules Cesar.  Meaning that Jules was arrogant. There are many occasions for that quote.

And just before that, i had stupidly said (my ego that could escape my attention and started provoked reactions) a reputation that US-Americans have everywhere, (and again, when you then annoyed, you quoted me uncompletely, this time cutting out something),

" :) :) :) Diese Amis. Was für Andere gilt, gilt für sie selbst nicht (correct translation: What is valid for others for themselves isn't valid for themselves). Quod licet jovi non licet bovi (what says the same -for causes of specification- with an old, famous quote). Mitakuye oyasin... ('with all my relations', also a famous quote, also shalling express that we are all the same, and in the frame of our ego-clash here, that some or obviously samer).

I beg for pardon, i should not have used this "national characteristic"-mean, although that i felt insulted (meanwhile repeatedly) by you and your compulsive "multi-rig"-attacks flowing your imagination and even the entire mind. 

Can we finish now with that OT of a LARGEST DIGITAL PEDALBOARD OF THe WORLD (Santa Claus, give him a look and pass him that stuff)

---------

I hope you have read A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G this time. If not, better do not answer. I mean, do what you want. But.. chimaera bombinans in vacuo . Said a not too stupid man.

Edited by AMountain
corrected two times for ortography, incomplete words, and akin. Sorry

9 hours ago, rd2rk said:

You should return it. BUT, if you have the same problems with the replacement, you need to consider user error as a factor.

I think you have done all that is humanly possible to assist this guy and human error could well be part of the problem.

Looking at his “clear” description of the issue that he made to Customer Support, it seems he updated the firmware on the HXFX and cannot see all the blocks when using HX Edit? My guess is the update got screwed, even though he says he has done the factory reset routine. I would dread trying to take him through a full re-install using the “offline” Line 6 Updater Utility- that might end up with a whole new can of worms.

Your original suggestion to try each piece of the puzzle one at a time, seems to have gone unheeded. If he tests the HXFX on it’s own, then he should be able to determine if it is a dud or a firmware malfunction.

As previously stated - you have gone way beyond what could be expected in order to assist with this, and as it appears that the OP has had “a sense of humour bypass operation” any levity just goes astray.

Regards.

• Haha 1

Yes, a human error could not be excluded, i mentioned that, at least one time, but i think more often. Don't know why you mention that here, i think because you have not read all / not read well.

Yes, rd2rk did what he could, and i am doubtless 4 steps more far than i was before to make this thread.I thanked him several times very, very largely for that.

Hm - i " updated the firmware on the HXFX and cannot see all the blocks when using HX Edit?" I do not understand well how you mean that. Thus i say how it was: I updated the firmware on the HXFX and when building a preset in HX Edit, i cannot see all the blocks in the unit. I made some pics, with them, you get an idea how it looks like. First that what i composed in HX-Edit

1513903252_WAHHoles-preset.jpg.b41830a2488f2d82ae6401d0aceec949.jpg

and that is how the HXFXs then looks like664102783_WAHHoles-unit.thumb.jpg.d69522d950b33fce197828bbb1860e9f.jpg

As we can see, too the pitch-block is not appearing in the unit. It's not that the scribblestrips&LED-rings are defect. They function, only not with WAHs and as i see now, too not with all pitch-blocks.

The next pic is how the preset looks like that rd2rk made for to upload in my unit (with EXP-pedal assigned to CC#19, and he had supposedly forgot in all the stress to assign too the positions, what i did then, no question; however, here the original):

rd2rkWAH-preset.jpg.11da99af67ad85aa36ab34ce19b0e4c6.jpg

and here how it looks in the HXFXs:

rd2rkWAH-unit.thumb.jpg.915d7a62da3c4518f4822f131c2e8496.jpg

And when i click now on global menu->signal flow, it looks like that:

241134059_rd2rkWAH-unitsignal-flow.thumb.jpg.68ccb0346564e8c8231d1c643c3b0927.jpg

So, it is there, but does not appear in the preset-view, i cannot use it.

That is the HXFXs bug/defect.

---------------

What matters the MIDI-driven EXP1-pedal assignment-stutter problem in the 4WAH-test-preset, i made a video of it, but it has 309MB. Tell me how to pass it to you and i do it.

...The thing with the

2 hours ago, datacommando said:

“offline” Line 6 Updater Utility- that might end up with a whole new can of worms.

well, although that it sounds like the "ultima ratio"-trial for to resolve that prob, i googled for it and found some threads on it. They were too not too confidence-producing. However, if such a thing exists, i thought, the guy from the Line6 service will know it and if he says then in some moment, "go there, upload that, execute and then do this or that", i will do it. When he takes the responsibility. Still it is easier for me to return the HXFXs. However, thanks for that hint, "datacommando".   

On 12/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, AMountain said:

As we can see, too the pitch-block is not appearing in the unit. It's not that the scribblestrips&LED-rings are defect. They function, only not with WAHs and as i see now, too not with all pitch-blocks.

At last a picture, which is worth a thousand words in anyone's language.

The LED ring will only show when a block is assigned to a footswitch - for example the Acoustic Sim block on FS1, or Minotaur on FS3 in your picture. The LED is bright when selected and dim when bypassed.

Both your Wah blocks and the Pitch block expect to be controlled by an external Expression device, or even 2 pedals EXP1 and EXP2. As you do not have an external pedal connected they do not appear in the scribble strips. If you assign the wah and pitch blocks to footswitches, then they will become available to use on FS2, 4 and 6.

Note: I only have a Helix Floor and HX Native, but that's the way it works for me. See the example screenshot attached.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

German:

Endlich ein Bild, das in jeder Sprache mehr sagt als tausend Worte.

Der LED-Ring wird nur angezeigt, wenn einem Fußschalter ein Block zugewiesen ist – zum Beispiel der Acoustic Sim-Block auf FS1 oder Minotaur auf FS3 in Ihrem Bild. Die LED ist hell, wenn sie ausgewählt ist, und gedimmt, wenn sie umgangen wird.

Sowohl Ihre Wah-Blöcke als auch der Pitch-Block erwarten, von einem externen Expression-Gerät oder sogar 2 Pedalen EXP1 und EXP2 gesteuert zu werden. Da Sie kein externes Pedal angeschlossen haben, erscheinen diese nicht in den Beschriftungsfeldern. Wenn Sie die Wah- und Pitch-Blöcke den Fußschaltern zuweisen, stehen sie für die Verwendung auf FS2, 4 und 6 zur Verfügung.

Hinweis: Ich habe nur einen Helix Floor und HX Native, aber so funktioniert es bei mir. Siehe den beigefügten Beispiel-Screenshot.

Hoffe das hilft/ist sinnvoll.

Edited by datacommando
Removed attachments
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, rd2rk said:

My original plan was to cause an International Incident.

I seem to have succeeded. My work is done.

I'm outta here!

Better inform the United Nations - there could be a retaliatory strike.

Peace on earth and goodwill to all men.

;-)

34 minutes ago, datacommando said:

At last a picture, which is worth a thousand words in anyone's language.

You're so right. I thought too, after uploading the pics, that i could have had this idea a week earlier...

35 minutes ago, datacommando said:

The LED ring will only show when a block is assigned to a footswitch - for example the Acoustic Sim block on FS, or Minotaur on FS3 in your picture. The LED is bright when selected and dim when bypassed.

Both your Wah blocks and the Pitch block expect to be controlled by an external Expression device, or even 2 pedals EXP1 and EXP2. As you do not have an external pedal connected they do not appear in the scribble strips. If you assign the wah and pitch blocks to footswitches, then they will become available to use on FS2, 4 and 6.

Note: I only have a Helix Floor and HX Native, but that's the way it works for me. See the example screenshot attached.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Hmh. They are assigned to EXP1, by default they are. I switched them the more on (and ctrl+s), and nothing. Clicked "Save file" in the menu, nothing. Switched the unit on & off, nothing.

Hurray; part 1 of the prob solved. I had to change (how logic, me tonto, but one has to know what to look for, thus thanks for the hint) the Bypass asignment in HX-Edit to the footswitch (it was assgn. by default to EXP1). *facepalm, shame*

Now remains the preset from rd2rk, momento, i will add it as edit (i go check now to what the bypasses are assigned there)

Edit:  In German, we say in such situations: Ich könnte vor Scham im Boden versinken. Translated literally: I could sink into the earth because of shame. A dictionary proposed: to want to curl up and die .

That was the entire trick. Bypass assignment.

*smmmmmmmack*.

Well, i have to digest that. My ...dumbheadness (not to have had this idea myself).

Ok, then remains just the 2nd. problem with the max. assgnm. possible inside of a preset when using a midi-cable between a pedal owning Helix and the HX-Effects. It caused the freeze too. When the extern.EXP-pedal comes, i'll test of with that one, 8 assignments function without problems (i suppose that). I'll report that then here.

The third problem, which was the allfirst one and the initial topic of this thread, that the same (gain)block in the next preset does not automatically and directly by itself adjust to the actual position of the via MIDI connected EXP-pedal of another unit, this seems to be due to the fact that MIDI-commands in a Helix work per preset and thus first load with the values they were saved with (TY rd2rk for that one). Apart of that detail, it works perfectly. Since i have the EXP-pedal ordered, i will then see if with that, both units at least have always the same vol-level. I'll report it then here.   

I must now inform the line 6 service. *shame*

However, superhappy to see the things come to a solution, and one is already resolved and honestly, it was the most pain-causing one.

Thanks all, phil_m, rd2rk, and datacomando. 80% resolved, and the other two things are not thaaaaat problem. The HX-Effects gets tomorrow his baptism, he stays here. 

Well, and rd2rk: sorry for all what happened. Schwamm drüber und ein Bier oder was du willst drauf. Ich nehm Apfelsaft.  -- Sponge over it and a digital beer on it or what you want. I take applejuice.

And really, i already said it, thank you for the exceptional time-lapse and the energy you spend, i made at least four steps with you. And then came datacommando, i got late, but not too late, the idea with the pics, and he putt in from two feet from the hole, for to say so. Happily he did. 

Ok, now going to inform the guys from the service.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, got today the external EXP-pedal (M-Audio). With it, both problems i had with the MIDI-connected EXP-pedals (see entry-post) are not more appearing.

• I can with it run in the HXFXs the 4 Wahs with their 2 assignments, they react all 4 correctly.
  • The simultaneous driving of the gain-blocks of 2parallel Helixes functions with it (with Y-cable) as desired, i can change the presets in both units and the same (gain)block in the next preset is automatically & immediately adjusted to the actual position of the pedal.  

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AMountain said:

Ok, got today the external EXP-pedal (M-Audio). With it, both problems i had with the MIDI-connected EXP-pedals (see entry-post) are not more appearing.

• I can with it run in the HXFXs the 4 Wahs with their 2 assignments, they react all 4 correctly.
  • The simultaneous driving of the gain-blocks of 2parallel Helixes functions with it (with Y-cable) as desired, i can change the presets in both units and the same (gain)block in the next preset is automatically & immediately adjusted to the actual position of the pedal.  

Merry Christmas!

Yay!

Merry Christmas.