Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD5ooX issue while playing (using 4 cable method)

Broncos

Good day ppl.

I have two Hd500X pedals, one for home recording and one i use the other live and and at rehearsal.

Live and at practice i use the 4CM.

I was rehearsing last night and 3/4" through the night i switched from bank 7A to 9A, started playing

and a minute it (automajically) switched to the tuner. I got the band to stop.

I so i looked down and hit the 'A' button and 3 seconds later while looking at it, it did it before my eyes and

switched to the tuner again, then it went to 9A, then &a, then tuner, without even touching the (up and down) bank

buttons.

So I unplugged it and hoped that a reboot would fix it, but it keep switching to the tuner on its own.

Plugged it in today and it is just doing the switching to the tuner by itself....

All drivers etc are fully up to date according to Line6 Monkey.

Im gonna try contact cleaner on on all the buttons and work them for a good cleaning, but am going

See if anyone else has experienced anything like this first.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

Thanks in advance

Rick

To effectively apply a contact cleaner (better isopropyl alcohol) you need to open the device to have access to the underlying microswitches that have become dirty or worn.

Otherwise for $ 25 you can buy brand new Top and Bottom Switch PCB Assembly and replace the old one, no soldering needed, just plug and play.

225343.jpg?mmr=230

Line 6 50-02-0234 - Top and Bottom Switch PCB Assembly for HD500X

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

AFAIK Reverb.com ships also to Canada..

here is the item:

Line 6 50-02-0234 Top and Bottom Switch PCB Assembly for HD500X

dnvoi1vzu0izwyjwj7kl.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips