Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stomp : Send L/R vs Main Outs

ruperthawkes

Hi,  I need to send out left and right to my audio interface (don't want to use the USB on the stomp as the levels are too low) and to two amps.   I was thinking of using the main outs for the audio interface in and a fx send L/R block for the two amps in.  

Question.    Is the output level etc the same on the output block as the main outs?

I don't really want to tie up a block with just the FX send L/R but hey ho.

Thank you.

That doesn’t explain if the main out is same as send fx out.   I suppose I could get a 1/4” mono jack to 2 1/4” jacks cable, one for left and one for right so….

main out left —> cable splitter —> one to interface and and to amp

and same for right channel

In Global Settings>Ins/Outs, with "Volume Controls" set to HP, the Output Level at the Main Outs is 0.0db (UNITY - level IN = level OUT).

That's the level you want to send to your interface which, with its Input Gain control set to 0, should be sending a 0.0db (UNITY) level to your DAW.

IOW - the DAW should be receiving the same level as the HXS is sending. If that level is too hot, set the Output Level to MIC and vice versa.

In Global Settings>Ins/Outs you can set the level of the SENDS to either INST (if you have Stomp boxes in the loop) or LINE (for sending to your amp's RETURN).

The Default Output level at the SENDS is 0.0db (UNITY). The SEND Block has a SEND Level control, as the RETURN Block has a RETURN Level control.

The FX Loop Blocks have BOTH. These levels are independent of the Global Settings, they just adjust the levels from that base.