Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External amp switching issue after updating to 3.11

naudecruywagen

After updating my Helix LT to version 3.11 the external amp switching is no longer working.

I assigned button 5 and 6 to ring and tip respectively. My EXT AMP output is going into the back of a Mesa Boogie Mark V combo. 

Before the update the channel switching was working.

I followed the update instructions, including the factory reset.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Just curious… After updating the firmware (which resets the Globals to default values) did you restore the Globals to your pre-update settings using the backup file created during the update?

I ask because if you didn’t you may soon find other issues related to a change in the Globals. It’s always good practice to restore your custom Global settings after an update.

Not a separate restore. The Restore feature allows you to select the components you want restored (IRS, Globals, Setlists, etc) but by default all of them are selected. Unless you specifically chose NOT to restore the Globals they should have been restored.

1 hour ago, naudecruywagen said:

I did restore from a backup after the update, but didn’t know about anything specific to the Globals. 

Is that a separate restore or something?

You say you restored from ‘a’ backup. Was it the most recent one, created during your most recent firmware update?