Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Select new Powercab speaker models from Helix

wbowen

I'm running a Helix Floor coupled to a Powercab 112 Plus via a L6 Link cable.

HX Edit ver 3.11

All working well until I discovered that the Powercab has 6 speaker models not showing in the HX Edit software.

HX Edit stops at #13 Jetson speaker but Powercab has these:

#14   64 A30

#15   59 Tweed

#16   64 Deluxe

#17   67 Greenback

#18   WhoWatt

#19   90s Cali V30

Now these may have been added by the previous owner but I'd like to know how I can call them up in a Helix preset?

Thanks for any help

As phil_m say if it's the ir's you looking for. If it's the six new speaker models then you need v. 2.00.1 on your PC+. If so you get

DINO – Based on* the Eminence Cannabis Rex™. 
LECTO – Based on* the Electro-Voice® EVM 12L. 
HERALD – Based on* the Celestion® G12H(55) Heritage. 
BROWN – Based on* the Celestion® G12 EVH®. 
SHADE – Based on* the Mesa/Boogie Black Shadow C90. 
JETSON – Based on* the Jensen® C12K. 

Check downloads on Line6.com for release notes

//Per

Thanks both for quick reply.

I can we the additional speakers as both speakers and IRz in Powercab software.

Also I can manuallt select them on the Powercab itself.

Phil M - I tried FRFR in HX Edit but they did not show

PerS - I have models up to Jetson Ok.  The six additional ones are:

#14   64 A30

#15   59 Tweed

#16   64 Deluxe

#17   67 Greenback

#18   WhoWatt

#19   90s Cali V30

Can't understand why Powercab software sees the additional speaker but HX Edit cannot.  Anything else I can try?

Sorry, did not read your post correct. The Jetson speaker is the last one. It is 12 speaker models in the latest firmware. The one you list, are as phil_m noted, IR's. 

In my Edit I have the following settings, with the output block set to Digital. Click on it and select tab Bypass/Control and Powercab

• Remote - Per preset
  • Mode - IR
  • You should now see a slider to select IR and the one you listed should be there 

Not at my PC now but check tomorrow if my memory failed me...

Remember that display on Powercab do not reflect what you sending from Edit/Hx. It's what in Edit/Hx that is used.

/Per

Thanks Per.

I followed your instructions and that just allows selection of USER IRs 0 - 127 on the slider.

Maybe this i what I need but the speaker tone seems unchanged as I move the slider.

My current thinking is that the extra speaker models will be added to the net firmware update as they are already

supplied as both speaker models and IRs on the Powercab.

I particularly like the WhoWatt can Cali V30 models

Hi

That's good. So you have 127 IR positions and 13 speakers. That's what in v2.00.1.

I checked my PC+ regarding IR and I have the same as you but someone has renamed yours and probably moved them too... This is what I have and I made your IR namnes bold in my list below.

000  Allure-64-A30-G12

001  Allure-59-Tweed-P10N

002  Allure-64-USDeluxe-P12N

003  Allure-67-Brit-Greenback

004  Allure-70s-WhoWatt-100

005  Allure-90s-Cali-V30

So the list you have are the Allure IR's that came with the new PC+ but names are edited , and that's fine. They are OK sounding. It was a vile since I used the IR's in PC+ but I have used the same in  some of my Helix patches.

Those IR are not the same as speakers that are emulated under Mode - Speakers. IR's is a speaker captured with a microphone, as in a recording studio. Look in the PC+ manual on page 9 and 10 you will se the difference. In short - Speakers give you the "amp in the room" and IR's is like listening to a recording of the same speaker. It will be colored from everything from speaker cab to your ears - mic used, distance and position on the speaker, room, recording equipment etc.  

One thing I hade forgotten was that you do not see the PC+ IR-names in Edit, just the position... that's strange. To know whats in a position you need PC+ Edit.

Regarding what is coming in next firmware release, that will be a secret until it's available :-). If you have a wish list you can address it in Ideascale or up vote it if its already there. You find that here - https://line6.ideascale.com/        

Where did you fined your list, below?

#14   64 A30

#15   59 Tweed

#16   64 Deluxe

#17   67 Greenback

#18   WhoWatt

#19   90s Cali V30

//Per

Hi Per

Appreciate the reply.

The names of speaker models I supplied were shorthand - the actual ones on the Powercab have the full name as you types.

So I think I have 19 speaker models not 13.

So I can get the names either as Speaker models using the selection knob on the Powercab or via PC+ software.

As speaker models they behave exactly like models 1 - 13 (Vintage - Jetson), however I cannot select them via a preset.

Got me wondering if anyone else sees these speaker models on the Powercab? ( and as IRs)

I think you are confusing PRESETS with PARAMETERS.

I am guessing based on your posts, but I think you are turning the PC edit knob and scrolling through the presets and not scrolling through the list of available speakers.  The 6 IRs are saved in presets.
In helix you can choose which mode the PC is in - Speaker model or IR.  There are only 13 speaker models.  The IRs that are loaded into PRESETS 14 - 19 could be selected from the IR menu.
always remember that if you edit PC from Helix you are editing at the PARAMETER level and not editing the PATCH.  This means whatever the active patch in PC is labelled will not change even if the Helix tells it to change a PARAMETER.

eg, If the PC patch is called "Vintage" the helix might be telling it to load the Cream speaker.  The Patch name on the PC will still show Vintage.

wbowen -

I can't help but think you are confusing the PC+'s speaker simulations with it's IRs.
Check this Line 6 Helix blog out.
Forgive me if you already understand this and I am reading something else into your statement:
3 hours ago, wbowen said:

So I think I have 19 speaker models not 13.

hope this helps

Thank everyone for your help.

I do understand the difference between a speaker model and an IR.

What's been confusing me is that when operating the Powercab manually I can seamlessly select what appears to be 19 speaker models.

I do not have to access the IR menu on the Powercab to do this - just turn the knob.

If the last 6 are in fact IRs would be good to know because my understanding is that IRs are mic'ed up cabs and NOT speaker models.

I don't want a line out of my Powercab just speaker.

I'll now try to select the "6 IRs" via Helix Edit / IR menu but honestly don't have a good feeling of success.

Appreciate all your help - great forum

3 hours ago, wbowen said:

What's been confusing me is that when operating the Powercab manually I can seamlessly select what appears to be 19 speaker models.

There are only 13 speaker models to select from. I believe you are confusing the Powercab presets with the models. The Powercab can save 128 presets internally, but when you connect it to the Helix via L6 Link, those are inconsequential.