Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Delay time issue

RobertoMarra

16 minutes ago, RobertoMarra said:

Can you have any advice?

Hi Roberto,

You don’t say which HX product you have, but the solution is the same for all when changing from one delay time to a different one in another snapshot.

Global Settings -> Preferences -> Tap Tempo Pitch: set the option to “Transparent”

Quote from manual:

“Determines how delay repeats behave when repeatedly pressing TAP. “Accurate” respects the natural pitch fluctuations inherent when changing a real delay pedal’s time knob; “Transparent” minimizes these artifacts.”

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi Roberto,

You don’t say which HX product you have, but the solution is the same for all when changing from one delay time to a different one in another snapshot.

Global Settings -> Preferences -> Tap Tempo Pitch: set the option to “Transparent”

Quote from manual:

“Determines how delay repeats behave when repeatedly pressing TAP. “Accurate” respects the natural pitch fluctuations inherent when changing a real delay pedal’s time knob; “Transparent” minimizes these artifacts.”

I really hope Line 6 reevaluates the default settings on its gear... I don't know a single person who likes to hear this glitchy noise when tapping in their tempo......

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, theElevators said:

I really hope Line 6 reevaluates the default settings on its gear... I don't know a single person who likes to hear this glitchy noise when tapping in their tempo......

Although I agree with you and prefer it set to "transparent" myself.... there are actually a lot of people that DO like that glitchy sound and use it to there advantage. That's the "real behavior" of most delay "pedals" on the market and going as far as the echoplex. Change the delay time... the glitch occurs until the initial repeats have exhausted themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, codamedia said:

Although I agree with you and prefer it set to "transparent" myself.... there are actually a lot of people that DO like that glitchy sound and use it to there advantage. That's the "real behavior" of most delay "pedals" on the market and going as far as the echoplex. Change the delay time... the glitch occurs until the initial repeats have exhausted themselves. 

Yep, and Im one of those lol! 

It always depends what kind of music we are playing. If you for example watch the "Solo" live show of Bill Frisell, he's actually creating beautiful backgrounds just messing around with those "glitches" (DL4). I love that kind of stuff.

Said that, as soon we have the option, I don't care what's the default. I'm not that lazy. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, theElevators said:

Simple solution - turn it to transparent and never suffer the “glitchy noise” again. Personally, there are times that I like to use that as a random effect. I still have old rack mounted delays that can do that stuff too.

Strangely enough, there has been a recent post on here where someone was asking about an effect used by Steve Stevens. When looking into his tone it seems that before he used the “toy ray gun” crazy effect, he had devised a similar result in the studio by using a Lexicon PCM 41 delay and manually sweeping through the modulation on a very short delay that he could trigger on a foot switch.

He explains it in the video here:

One man’s glitch is another man’s fun effect.

I’m with “codamedia” and “PierM” on this one.

Each to their own.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1