Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3.11 Upgrade Doesn't show New Features

in2bluz

Hello Helix Forum,

I just updated my Helix LT from 3.01 to 3.11. I performed the backup, did the upgrade and reset factory settings before adding my backup back on. But I don't see the new amp Mandarin Rocker

Or "Ratatouille Dist" distortion, the Euclidean Delay, Retro Reel Modulation. and the others listed here: https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helix-310311-release-notes-r969/

What am I doing wrong?

Please help, Thanks 

In2bluz

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Did you read this?

For the love of God, don’t post another thread about it or ask it again!”

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Didn't even need to read the post here - just the release notes that they managed to link in their own post.

From the notes

I updated but why don't I see [Model X]?

HX Edit can't magically see new models added to your Helix/HX hardware; you must update HX Edit at well. Here's a link:

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, in2bluz said:

it's still showing 3.00. there is some sort of bugs.

If you are using a Mac there might have been an alias of the old version of HX Edit lurking on your computer and even if you though you had updated you may have been inadvertently loading an old copy. It's not unknown for this to happen.

29 minutes ago, in2bluz said:

Guys, I'm a retired guy that loves my Helix.

Well, same here - it not really an excuse, I'm almost 70 and I can mange to deal with this stuff.

32 minutes ago, in2bluz said:

So don't assume people don't read the info on the updates. 

I'll be sure to stay away from the forums in the future. 

This a quote from an earlier set of release notes that were published by Digital Igloo (Eric Klein - Line 6 Chief Product Design Architect)

"IMPORTANT! Carefully read and follow the update instructions below. If you don't—and then run to the forums asking why it's not working—the interwebs will make fun of you."

Yes, he did use big red shouty lettering to get the point across.

Hope the hasn't upset you even more!

Datacommando,  Waymda, PierM,

Guys, I'm a retired guy that loves my Helix. I was sitting on 3.00 for a long time and decided to update the HX Edit. The FIRST thing I did was back up my files. 

Next was to update the Line 6 Updater which I did. The next thing I did was use that to update each step. I had read "Any chance you've already updated HX Edit to 3.01 (released on Feb 2, 2021) or 3.10 (released on April 15, 2021)? If so, just connect Helix/HX to your computer via USB and launch HX Edit." (not where I was)

But Since I was on 3.00 and not 3.01 I figured I had to do it manually which I did. I went to the updater to update my HX Edit from 3.00 to 3.01. Then from 3.01 to 3.10, Then from 3.10 to 3.11. SO, before you say that I didn't update my HX Edit, I DID update my HX Edit!

So I don't appreciate you guys who obviously live in these forums where I haven't even visited in over 2 years saying crap like "For the love of God, don’t post another thread about it or ask it again!” and "Oh man, we don't need to watch Interstellar to travel back and forth in time..." I did frikin' update my HX Edit. and made sure to wait to be sure all of the presets loaded and it rebooted before going to the next step.

So don't assume people don't read the info on the updates. 

I'll be sure to stay away from the forums in the future. 

in2bluz

It's a PC.

My HX Edit is showing 3.11, the LT is 3.11, but now when I plug the Helix in via USB it's "No Device Connected" I've turned the LT off/on and unplugged the USB and re-plugged, and restarted the Edit, but nothing. 

7 minutes ago, in2bluz said:

It's a PC.

My HX Edit is showing 3.11, the LT is 3.11, but now when I plug the Helix in via USB it's "No Device Connected" I've turned the LT off/on and unplugged the USB and re-plugged, and restarted the Edit, but nothing. 

Make sure you don’t have Line 6 Updater open.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PierM said:

travel back and forth in time...

I just did it - I must have gone through a worm hole in the time space continuum.

In my post, above, it seems that I made replies, and quoted sections of his post before it arrived here on the forum.

It’s a kind of magic!

• Haha 2