Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix :-28 error

deiseldave

Hello. I have a developed a recurring problem with my Helix LT (Firmware 3.11). It doesn’t fully come up after power on. It stays on the Helix splash screen, and has “:-28” in red at the top left of the screen. Of course, in the state, it is completely unusable.
I have found a few references to this error on this forum and other forums. But, none of the suggestions contained in those threads have helped. I have tried multiple forms of resets, and even reloaded firmware in safe mode. This morning, after multiple attempts, I finally got it to reload Firmware in safe mode. But, then after powering off and on, the problem returned.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Are you on a stock preset when powering up the unit, or a customized or third-party preset? I've heard that a corrupted preset can sometimes be the cause.  If you haven't tried a full factory reset, wiping out everything, that would be my next suggestion.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, deiseldave said:

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,

This has previously happened to other users, even way back in 2017 it started to be reported in this thread (below), but for some unknown reason nobody ever came back to report a solution.

The best recourse for you is to raise a Customer Support ticket and when you discover the cause, post the solution here and mark the thread “SOLVED!”

Link:

https://line6.com/support/topic/26614-helix-no-boot-w-28-problem/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...