Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

hx stomp: headphones output connect to amp

sveinungulven

a headphone output is basically a line output but lower impedance...No problem at all for a high impedance input...how well, depends on the quality of the headphone amp itself...HX is pretty good imo...I use the headphone out to run my monitors to give the house a fixed level on the main outs....I use the hx lvl knob to set my monitor level....works great....if you are using a guitar amp, you might want to try using the FX Send like PierM indicated...You could stick it before your cab model...just depends on the type of output you want...

• 9 months later...
On 12/14/2021 at 3:55 PM, PierM said:

Why that?

Just use one of the output, or a FX send.

If you are using it as a USB interface, then you probably have plenty of output available (2 out, 2 send)

If using FX send be sure you use Send mono L if you use a mono Jack Cable! With Stereo Send it only works with a stereo cable.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:24 PM, jsfaber said:

If using FX send be sure you use Send mono L if you use a mono Jack Cable! With Stereo Send it only works with a stereo cable.

Hi,

Interesting first post - to a thread that has been quietly sleeping for almost a year. 

BTW. I would think that “PierM” (who is a regular contributor with over 1200 posts) is fully aware of the output configuration. Possible why he suggested using the USB because that is what it is designed for.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Haha 1