Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How many Split blocks in HXS

Enri-

My HX Stomp with FW version 2.65 allows only ONE Split block; wondering if this "limitation" has been overcome with later updates; I don't find this info in the later FW's release notes/Owner's manual (it's not even mentioned in the 2.65 Owner's manual).

Unfortunately, I currently cannot perform a FW update on my unit and check myself.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Enri- said:

Unfortunately, I currently cannot perform a FW update on my unit and check myself.

Hi,

As noted by “phil_ml” in the post above, there is only one split available, but more importantly- why are you unable to update the firmware on your unit? You really should take advantage of the software.

On 12/15/2021 at 12:55 AM, datacommando said:

As noted by “phil_ml” in the post above, there is only one split available, but more importantly- why are you unable to update the firmware on your unit? You really should take advantage of the software.

Hello phil_m and datacommando, thanks a lot for your replies.

I am really willing to update to FW 3.X, as it implements some functions that are very important for the way I would like to use my HXS, but simply I cannot do it it now, as my PC has an outdated/not supported OS.

Not worth updating the OS; I just need a new PC, but that's not gonna happen very soon.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Enri- said:

simply I cannot do it it now, as my PC has an outdated/not supported OS.

Uh?

Looking at the options on the Line 6 download page, the supported OS on Apple Mac goes way back to System 9 which was in regular use from 1999 up until 2001. Likewise, the earliest Windows PC system is the Millennium Edition first used in 2000. If you your have something older than those it must be coal powered.

Having access to a computer is quite an important part of using any digital modelling unit, not only for the librarian option, most essentially firmware updates and bug fixes. You really are missing out. Maybe you have a relative, or associate, that can help you out with the firmware updates at the very least.

Ah, well, each to their own.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

HX stuff was never developed for System 9 or the last DOS (Windows Mil.)...It's doubtful any of it would install on Windows 2000 or XP...driver security is different....I am really curious what the OS is now....

If he jumps thru a few hoops, he could still get Win 10 for free I think...Hell, OEM codes are like $15

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/260524-download-windows-10-free

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spaceatl said:

HX stuff was never developed for System 9 or the last DOS (Windows Mil.)..

That's just my feeble attempt at humour, and the reason for my comment about a coal fired computer from circa 2000. 

Obviously, the HX Stomp wasn't released until early October 2018 and the first Firmware update to v.2.70 arrived a few days later with a bunch of new features and bug fixes. The OP says he is on v2.65 straight out of the box.

The Compatible Operating Systems listed at that time was: 

Mac OS X, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS Mavericks, Mac OS Yosemite, Windows 10, Mac OS El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave.

Thanks everybody for your attempts to help, really appreciated.

I have already done my evaluations, and my conclusion is that I just have to replace my 20yrs old mini-tower dinosaur with Windows XP.

I said it's not going to happen soon because I know I'm slow in this kind of decisions; for example I am thinking to move to the other side of the Force.

Another reason for my slowness in this decision is that I am obsessively spending my time thinking at how to setup my new pedalboard, and the related role of the HXS with the functionality provided by later FWs... so, I am in a sort of nested loop, programmer-wise speaking, hi hi.

Oh, and by the way, it is really a shame that HX Edit and FW updates are not supported on smartphones or tablets.

• Thanks 1