Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any way to connect Pod Go via bluetooth to Macbook?

dknc

Sure would be nice to sit at my desk and use Pod Go edit while my Pod Go sits on the floor 10' feet away. Surely there's a bluetooth transmitter/receiver solution that would allow me to bridge. Has anyone done this successfully?

Streaming (audio) would not work well as the latency would be quite high...However, if it was limited to data (Edit), the only possibility would be if Line 6 is using midi over usb for the edit application. Yamaha has a USB-A BT host for midi...I suspect some things would work...But there is no telling on the editor as they very likely have some proprietary communication going there also. They are using bulk (Edit) and streaming (audio) modes on the interface.

Yamaha and Doremidi have USB hosts that do midi...just no way to know without trying it and audio would not work anyway...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UDBT01--yamaha-ud-bt01-wireless-bluetooth-usb-to-host-midi-adapter?mrkgadid=3308752972&mrkgcl=28&mrkgen=gpla&mrkgbflag=0&mrkgcat=studio&recording&acctid=21700000001645388&dskeywordid=92700046938538021&lid=92700046938538021&ds_s_kwgid=58700005285191922&ds_s_inventory_feed_id=97700000007215323&dsproductgroupid=492793553733&product_id=UDBT01&prodctry=US&prodlang=en&channel=online&storeid=&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&adpos=largenumber&locationid=9010799&creative=290335234532&targetid=aud-379933356478:pla-492793553733&campaignid=1465808290&awsearchcpc=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5OuNBhCRARIsACgaiqV5z-N-chlT8KhyWh2NsCcYmDl7BKaGGC6uSdeXqQ8_XQFQkLEqUNcaArZQEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks very much for the reply. This would be purely for data transfer -- using POD Go editor to wireless tweak presets so I don't have to connect my Macbook directly to my POD Go. I would love to know if this Yamaha device would work with the POD Go. I've reached out to support to see -- before I spend money -- if there's any possibility that it would.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, davekeats said:

Thanks very much for the reply. This would be purely for data transfer -- using POD Go editor to wireless tweak presets so I don't have to connect my Macbook directly to my POD Go. I would love to know if this Yamaha device would work with the POD Go. I've reached out to support to see -- before I spend money -- if there's any possibility that it would.

Thanks!

I honestly have no idea...But I would not be surprised if you could edit at least partially...In the XT days, We had home rolled editors because it was all over midi until the USB update hit...I would not be surprised if it was possible...The thing is if the GO could use the host...If it can, then I think it's possible...Sweetwater is pretty good about returns, but I don't know about a $50 interface...They might have a different policy there...But they are pretty cool folks...just call them...Tell them what you are wanting to do and they might be able to try it out for you.

• Like 1