Jump to content

Helix snapshots


Dwf2008
 Share

Recommended Posts

The 2 leftmost buttons on the helix floor default to bank up and down. Suppose I then select a preset that has at least 2 snapshots. If I then press the 2 leftmost buttons together they change to snapshot, but there is no change in the labels to show which snapshot is selected. What is the sequence of button presses to properly select and manage the snapshots?

 

Also, I thought each snapshot would save the individual settings for the controls in the preset. But it appears only their on/off status is saved. Is this correct or am I missing something?

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Q1: When you press the two leftmost switches together (the up/down switches) you are presented with a flashing display of all 8 snapshots. When you press one of them to select it, it becomes the active snapshot and the display reverts to its previous state. If that previous state happened to display the snapshot 'labels', the newly active snapshot is (or should be) highlighted. Of course if the previous display did not show the relevant snapshot label you won't notice any change in the display.

 

Q2: Yes, you are missing something very important. In order to change parameters using snapshots you must first assign the parameter to the Snapshot controller. To do this, press and turn the knob controlling the parameter. The value will appear in white brackets indicating that the assignment has been made. You will now be able to save and restore different values for the parameter in different snapshots.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi. I just gave myself a Helix floor unit as my Christmas gift! I have encountered a weird problem: It's impossible to go into snapshot mode:

 

1 - When I try to activate the snapshot mode pressing both "Bank" switches, the unit freezes. Nothing else work, switches, buttons, etc. It comes back after doing all the global reset, factory reset, etc. 

2 - If I try to go to Global Settings and select Preset/Snap or anything that says "Snap" on it, the unit also freezes and nothing else works... 

 

Is there any way that I can solve this problem or should I try to contact Line 6 and send it back? It has less then 3 days of life here..... I'm using the last firmware version, 3.11. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would open a support ticket to work directly with Line 6 Tech Support. If it’s a brand new device they will help you sort it out, or replace it.

 

Or, if you bought it from a retailer it should still be within the warranty period. Get them to replace it before spending any more time on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2021 at 4:57 AM, alexvieira said:

Hi. I just gave myself a Helix floor unit as my Christmas gift! I have encountered a weird problem: It's impossible to go into snapshot mode:

 

1 - When I try to activate the snapshot mode pressing both "Bank" switches, the unit freezes. Nothing else work, switches, buttons, etc. It comes back after doing all the global reset, factory reset, etc. 

2 - If I try to go to Global Settings and select Preset/Snap or anything that says "Snap" on it, the unit also freezes and nothing else works... 

 

Is there any way that I can solve this problem or should I try to contact Line 6 and send it back? It has less then 3 days of life here..... I'm using the last firmware version, 3.11. 

 

Send it back and wait for a new unit.

 

If you contact L6, in the middle of holidays, I've the fear you'll be waiting for days without a solution, risking to miss the return window.

 

Just send it back ASAP, it's clear something is wrong on that unit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alex, this sounds like a malfunction to me. Have you tried accessing snapshots via the Helix Edit software? Also, I would redownload the firmware to make sure you have a good copy and then reinstall it. It’s possible something got corrupted when you upgraded. You didn’t tell us if this was a new unit or a used one. If it’s a used one, the previous owner may have messed something up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/28/2021 at 7:34 AM, silverhead said:

I would open a support ticket to work directly with Line 6 Tech Support. If it’s a brand new device they will help you sort it out, or replace it.

 

Or, if you bought it from a retailer it should still be within the warranty period. Get them to replace it before spending any more time on it.

I opened a support ticket with them and I already have followed all the steps they told me to do. It didn't solve the problem. It's a brand new device and I will probably return it since I see no solution to the issue. I have 1 year warranty on it so I'm returning as soon as possible so I won't waste my time trying to solve it... Thanks for replying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, theElevators said:

I personally never press up/down to go to snapshots.  I set up my presets to display 8 snapshots.  Maybe try that approach instead? 

 

The weird thing is when I try to set up my presets in global setting to display the snapshots, it freezes completely. Nothing else work. It's like, every time it sees the word "snapshot" it freezes. Crazy!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/28/2021 at 11:37 AM, Dwf2008 said:

Alex, this sounds like a malfunction to me. Have you tried accessing snapshots via the Helix Edit software? Also, I would redownload the firmware to make sure you have a good copy and then reinstall it. It’s possible something got corrupted when you upgraded. You didn’t tell us if this was a new unit or a used one. If it’s a used one, the previous owner may have messed something up.

It works fine via the Helix Edit software but when I try it on the unity, it freezes. I have to reset global settings, reset the whole thing, reinstall the latest version (3.11), etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...